1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Texturing Problem...

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by ClawMaster, Feb 12, 2005.

1. ClawMaster

ClawMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    when i make my model with gmax, and add my skin in it (*.tga), then i use script and edit it in mdl format, make image path and so on, have to path be full like "c:\warcraftIII\textures\*.blp" or something like that and have to i convert the tga file in to blp. format then? i tried something like that but in warcraftwiever my model is just red and when i look is the texture activated, its not and it cannot be. have to paths be exatly same in gmax and mdl or what? I'm confused with texturing and don't know what to do... I know this could be confusing to you either but plz try help :|

2. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    o_O?

You got the confusing right

Anywho, WC3Viewer can convert tga to blp. Edit the path in your final mdl. Don't put a C:/ProgramFiles/Warcraft3 or whatever in your path, just put the path from the WC3 root directory, such as "Units\Other\Pineapple\Pineapple.blp" or just plan ol' "Pineapple.blp"

3. ClawMaster

ClawMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok,.. i'm noob, BUT WHY THIS DON'T WORK!!!!!!!!! I tryed all paths what i can imagine, but still WE just say could not open *.mdl (i imported mdx, why that say like that???). Look, if i put to code like this image "picture.blp" or image "textures\picture.blp" and my path is "textures\picture.blp", why doesn't it work? I put a right path in importing so what else problems i can have wrong or what have to i do :?

4. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Trust me, there are MANY ways something can screw up

Make sure its a MDX file

5. ClawMaster

ClawMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yep, i trust u, it is mdx, i'm sure, but do i need mdl file anymore after i have converted it? I'm allmost sure that is texture path or somethinng like that but, maybe i just have to give...

6. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Throw me the Textures and Materials sections. Might be a few errors with them

7. ClawMaster

ClawMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Code (Text):

}
    Textures 1 {
        Bitmap {
            Image "Textures\Rayman.blp",
        }
    }
    Materials 1 {
        Material {
            Layer {
                FilterMode AddAlpha,
                static TextureID 0,
            }
        }
    }

I have tryed without "Textures\", but i'm not sure about else code... :?

8. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    yeh i'm having the same problem which is a bit of a pain except im using oinkerwinklers tools. its a bit perplexing cos i didnt have this problem last time i made a model so i'd like to see the solution to your problem so i can solve mine

9. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ok scratch that, i managed to get it to work except that theres some new problems that need fixing. i'll post those else where...

10. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    What you'll need is a modeling program that makes its own textures and texture maps specified to your needs, wih paths it never tells you that it handles on its own. like mine. muhaha. ha. :twisted: :wink: yes. many things screw up many times when actually 'handling' paths.

mentally degrading....