• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models (Exporting WoW Models Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have finally figured out all of the plans for my campaign about Zul'Gurub. So I went to MY WARCRAFT STUDIO so i could export the models to .m2 files. First I got trolldire.m2 (Dire Troll) then I went to go find Hakkar.m2 (The Blood God, Hakkar the Soulflayer) but he wasn't there. I went back to WoW Model Viewer to see where Hakkar.m2 was located. I found it and went back to MY WARCRAFT STUDIO. But once again Hakkar.m2 wasn't there as well as Tigonmale.m2 and Tigonfemale.m2....

How can I export or somehow get these files on my computer.

Tigonfemale.m2
Tigonmale.m2
Hakkar.m2

Level 3
Ok I went looking through all the .mpq files and I only found tigonmale.m2. I still need tigonfemale.m2, hakkar.m2, and slith.m2 (Venoxis the Snake).

I was wondering If anyone could tell me the name(s) of the .mpq file(s) where I can find the remaining files.

tigonfemale.m2
slith.m2
hakkar.m2

PS: Some of my forums changed to model or warcraft III tutorial on their own so I thought the same would happen here.

Well anyway I will try and remember to put it in a different place.

Level 25
What the high holy hell are you on about? They're in Patch.mpq and patch2.mpq!

Would you like a picture proving it? Or will you just hurry up and download the latest version of MyWarcraftStudio so then you won't whinge when TBC comes out and you won't be able to open ANY mpqs if you haven't upgraded?

What version ARE you using anyway? Anything less than 0.8 and the reason is YOU'RE USING AN OLD VERSION. Struth, you'd think people would update to the latest version

Level 25
Oh boy, time for Mecheon's favourite acronym!

FGI

The last two letters of that acronym are "Google it". I'll let you guess what the first one stands for

No, seriously, I found it in about ten seconds by looking on Google. I found the developer's blog with a further 5 seconds and downloaded a version that works perfectly with TBC shortly afterwards

Level 2
"my warcraft studio" has a bug which prevents you to open patch.mpq. You can open it by this program: "Warcaft Model Editor 1.5" it can be found on this site or you can google it.
it has a long loading time but opens mpq files correctly.

i've already converted and used hakkar in my own map and if you want me to send it to you, pm me your msn address and i'll send it.

(sorry for my bad english) :?

Level 6
omg this dude is even a bigger noob then I am, lol...

btw, mecheon, you are supposed to tell people things as clear as possible as you can be without misspellings, just like employees do, unthough you aint payed (i gues that u aint being payed) thats no reason of not acting like a high standart moderator

kthxbai

Status
Not open for further replies.