• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exporting WoW Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Uh...

Ok, you're getting it totally wrong. I told you to search, and look for one of the results which was a link to a Wiki. Not Wikipedia, but another Wiki. A World of Warcraft development Wiki. Its the forth result down

You then click there and follow the links to the developer's homepage

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I feel the same, but I will need to discuss with Archian about it beforehand and make sure it isn't acceptable here.

Level 25
On Search somewhere. Buggered if I can find it, only use for extracting WoW models from now is to get the tripod enemy (Spore-Walker or somesuch), edit it into a War of the Worlds tripod, and re-enact the battle against the Thunderchild, notably absent in the recent movie

Really, pretty much everything (Aside from the notoriously overly hard character models) has been extracted from WoW already

Level 25
Most of the buildings are unextractable, due to their use of the wmo filetype as opposed to the m2 filetype

Don't ask about the wmo filetype, I know naught about it. It however tends to be a combination of several models into one, such as an interior and exterior

Status
Not open for further replies.