• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Before ignoring this post or giving me a lecture, I know it's not allowed to edit models others made.
However, killst4r has made some very nice models. I'm talking about the starcraft models.

The size of these models however is very big. I don't know why, I guess it's the texture it's using.

I tried asking him for permission but he hasn't been active since 2006 so I'm not likely to get an answer. =(

Could somebody (if this gets allowed) edit the models to have a smaller file size? It's annoying to make a good map for multi player if the file size gets to high now what I'm saying?

Here are his models: Link

Now one more time: I know it's not allowed to edit models but if somebody could just reduce their file size.. After all it's not such a big change, and killst4r will still be credited.

Thank You

Level 6
It is permitted to edit models, but only with the proper permission from the author. However you can't release it and give to others.
Between, I'm not a modeller and I can't help you. The maximum I've done it's a teapot. Good luck :).

Take a look at this, I'll spare some rep if your story is good enough:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/request-campaign-history-114301/.
Didn't seen any rules regarding not advertising requests, thanks.

Level 3
ill try to reduce them. They will be pmed to you so that no one else can get them
EDIT: after doing 4-5 i noticed that i shaved off a couple 100kb's by doing nothing more then vertex wielding, and linearized anims.
EDIT2: done and pmed to you

Last edited:
Level 22
Lord of summon, there are rules aginast advertising requests in another persons thread, its called Hijacking. 2nd, u cant spread rep until you have 10 rep yourself. 3rd, you really arent editing the model unless u actually remove or move around the vertices/animations. Resizing skins GREATLY reduce skin filesize, usually to the point where its only 2 digits. Resizing doesnt require permission, since u arent changing the material.
Use the MDX squisher, and squish repeatedly, although its discouraged, it decreases the model's file size.

Level 3
ghost all i did was linearize anims, vertix wield, and then squished it once, filesizes reduced by 10-20kb each lol

Level 17
Great, hey 30kb optimization if you are going to import 10 models is still a reduce of 300 kb. :p

You missed a few though, I'll give you another rep if you reduce those aswell.

Turret
Nuclear Silo
SCV
SiegeMode
Siege Tank
Vulture
SupplyDepot

They were on the first and second page. :p
I filtered out the ones I need very badly, don't care about the other. ^^

I hope you can do those aswell, Then I can finally finish decorating my space map. xD Already have the custom textures for terrain. :p

Level 3
@ghost;no
@bloody; yes i linearized anims(didnt change them just made them smaller and more efficient)
sorry i got banned from internet and i wont be able to post them for a while >>

Status
Not open for further replies.