• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Models and Skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Skins

Skins are like new textures for an already existing model, if you go the the Skins section, you cannot see a new form of unit, just medivhs, priests and etc with different colors and such.

Steps:

1. Download the skin you desire
2. Extract the skin from the zip file
3. Open World Editor, open Import Manager and import the skin you downloaded
4. Set the path to the model, for example if the skin is from an elven priest the path will have to be Units/Human/Priest/Priest.blp
To discover models fast, go to the priest unit in the Object Manager, scroll down and you will see the model it uses. In the custom path, it's probably the one I mentioned before. Make the same "history" to other skins.
5. The World Editor will not recognize your skin, close the editor and re-open it.
6. The skin should be working now. If it isn't, check the paths again.

Note that you cannot use the normal priest's model/skins, after you apply the new skin. For more information about importing skins, read the "How to Import Skins" topic, in the Tutorials Forum.

Models

Models are like new "units". A model requires multiple skins and it's not easy to do. Before trying to make models, I strongly recommend that you try to make skins first.
Click on Tutorial (under Icons), and you will see the tutorial of how to import models. This tutorial can also be viewed in the Tutorials Forum.

I hope this helped. :wink:

-Rui

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Ah one more thing, do not open topics like "What programs do I need for skinning?", because this is all answered in the Skinning Tutorial. The Skinning Tutorial can be fond the in the Skins Forum of course, and it always answers 80% of the questions.
Same for modelling, witch I don't recommend starting now, as I mentioned before.
I'm glad I helped :)

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.