• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Team Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, for my next project I will be planning on bringing back an older game/concept into warcraft 3. My project will be based on many older PC games but from one in particular that I would like models from. There are 24 models in total needed, created from scratch and fully animated. There are 3 types of model "classes" that I will need, Warrior, Mage and Thief. Eight Models to each section, granted this project will take a great amount of time to even create the required models, as well as effort and dedication by the modelers. So if anyone would be willing to embark on this very challenging request, please reply, so that some great models can be made and the good people of the hiveworkshop will have 24 new and high quality models in the resource section. Here are 3 videos from youtube that show the three class types and the models that would be needed.

Warrior - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JsL9h9Dlvk

Mage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbgeQX-m32s

Thief - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtPTVqr9_SM

Now in these videos the models are a bit hard to see, so if that is the case I would be happy to send ALL of the actual game files to a modeler through email, seeing as I have an original copy. Thanks to everyone for reading this, and hopefully this can be accomplished!

Level 7
As soon as I read Warrier mage theif I knew this would be a Lords of magic Mod! How do you plan on putting this into a WC3 map tho? Combining the World map movement with real time combat is going to be difficult so I'd like more infomation.

I don't mean to put a downer on things as I love LOM and would love to see a WC3 LOM map but creating that many unique models is gunna be one hell of a task, if you could find that much tallent your better off just making a LOM sequel and making some money out it!

Level 4
Well I plan on making it instead of turn based real time combat. Although that may be difficult I would still need to test how this will work with a few betas. I could easy set up a turn based system if the real time action does not work, but I plan to have it very accurate, such as the caves and castles where creeps are all enterable places, all artifacts ect combined into this map, yes its going to be one hell of a project, but i decided, I wanted to start sometime, so better sooner than later, as this wont be ready for even a beta for awhile, but nonetheless, this could really be a great map. I have prior experiance in organizing mapping projects, and you may recognize some of my maps, my main one being Battle For Middle Earth 6.4_G SE. I think if we get enough people involved though, this great idea I have can become real!

Status
Not open for further replies.