• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm making a epic map, and in it i will need some crazy modeling. (Actually like TONS of models) And i know that nobody here has that kind of time. So my question is simple. What would a good model editor be, where can i find it, and how to use it.

Level 26
he best free modeling programs ( i think ) are war3modeleditor (found in the TOOLS section of the hive) and warforger. which i think can be accessed via a pot up top of the modeling and animations forum. there are many tutorials on the hive for both these programs. However it would never hurt to ask someone for something.

I for one am always open to ask for help concerning model-creating (least as much help i can offer) and if you have a worthwhile interesting and original model to request. i could take a look at it :D.

3DS Max 5 and Milkshape 3D are the recommended tools if you want to make wc3 models in scratch, though version 5 is almost impossible to find (both in a legal and illegal way).
Gmax is a decent freeware alternative, but the export plugin have some tend to screw up animations.

For just model editing, using Magos War3 Model Editor along with Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifyer will do well (plus also Oinkerwinkle's other useful tools). Both are free.
Warforger is a decent model editor too, but it's in an earlier stage, so it can be tricky for newbie users.

Status
Not open for further replies.