• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

2 questions to modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there! :infl_thumbs_up:

I'm new in modeling so I need a bit help at this.
I have 2 questions to make a model, please help.

1. How can i change the color of the model? In the model
editor I didn't found a function to do this. :zip:

2. How can I "link" the portrait to the model? I don't know
how to express it good... I'm not an expert. :sad:

Sry for my bad english I'm just from Germany...

Thx for posting!!!

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
1. What model editor do you use? And just recolor the textures of the model if you don't know how to get them just say it to me or if you mean that you want to edit the color with the object editor from we. I don't know what it's in english but in german "Grafik-Tönfarbe Blau/Rot/Grün", just change the values of it.

2.When you have a model named xyz.mdx the name of the portrait must be xyz_portrait.mdx i think that is all.

Level 2
1.I use the model editor that you can download on hive. Its not easy to say the name of the editor, if the name is just "model editor"! ^^ And yes I want to change the color in the model editor... do you know something about it?

2. Oh thx, that works! :D

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
So you're using magos model editor. You can extract the textures and edit it with a image editor like photoshop or paint. Or you can just change the color with the object editor as i said in the post above.

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
No,
the texture files are .blp. To know which texture belongs to which model you just have to open the model with magos go to texture manager their you will see the used textures. Just right click on it and extract it. And now you just have to convert to bmp or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.