• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

model wip dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
View attachment 272226
teenage mutant ninja...python?
Man, I'm loving it.

It's hard; Blizzard made the normal Myrmidon so huge & bulky already. And you've already gone to the thin end of the spectrum (Stealth Viper, natch; still working on my edit of that...).

Did you ever see that concept art of @moyackx ; like a burly Naga being mounted/dragging an enormous octopus? Some kind of a siege engine, IIRC. Will have to look for it...

Last edited:
Level 49
Man, I'm loving it.

It's hard; Blizzard made the normal Myrmidon so huge & bulky already. And you've already gone to the thin end of the spectrum (Stealth Viper, match; still working on my edit of that...).

Did you ever see that concept art of @moyackx ; like a burly Naga being mounted/dragging an enormous octopus? Some kind of a siege engine, IIRC. Will have to look for it...
i'm gonna have to conceptualize a bit more on that. although i'm thinking of using the hydra model for that.
upload_2017-6-30_23-1-9.png

also, i made some shoulder armor for him. i saw the archemonde texture and thought of his shoulder pads resembling kinda like a nautilus shell

Level 51
i'm gonna have to conceptualize a bit more on that. although i'm thinking of using the hydra model for that.
View attachment 272240
also, i made some shoulder armor for him. i saw the archemonde texture and thought of his shoulder pads resembling kinda like a nautilus shell

Luv it. Always wondered why he had that kind of armor.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
View attachment 272240
Ooh yeah, you're right. Nautilus, man! We need a nautilus.

Somewhere. I'm not talking about this guy. Good texture for armor, yeah.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
256px-cosmetic_icon_perceptive_spiderling-png.272276

main mesh done, just need to fix up his proportions. basically make him a little bit bulkier. and all that's left is to make the weapon and armor
Heck yeah. Very interesting, compared to the standard dudes.

Who dare to summoning me from my crypt!!!!

Kyrbi0, you mean this??

naga_siege_concept_iii_by_moyack-d3jqscc.jpg

and this...

naga_siege_concept_ii_by_moyack-d3jqs9x.jpg

And this???

naga_siege_concept_i_by_moyack-d3jqs7q.jpg
Oh heck yeah, that's the one. Very cool. You should make that!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
256px-cosmetic_icon_perceptive_spiderling-png.272435

actually gonna rename him from dredger to whaler. whaler kinda has that heavier feel than dredger. the weapon will have a spear head attached to the hook
That's fair; "whaler" befits his bulkitude. : ). Noice hook thing. Remind me a little of Maui from Moana.

Hey, so you mentioned having trouble with custom animations; have you tried piecing together regular animations to make custom-ish ones? That, or using Retera's Matrix Eater & combining two different sets to play simultaneously (esp. good for mounted units, but could totally make that anemone/octopus-mounted Naga dude)?

Level 49
i have considered using retera's program but i haven't really got the time to do so. if this was me back in 2012 making this naga whaler model, i'd be done in two days considering how much time i got back then.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
i have considered using retera's program but i haven't really got the time to do so.
Hm, well, with every new thing there is a learning curve, certainly. I don't really use it much myself (sorry Retera...), so I cannot say whether it would be useful enough to warrant that time spent learning it.

-Grendel said:
if this was me back in 2012 making this naga whaler model, i'd be done in two days considering how much time i got back then.
Lol, yeah. Time gets us all, man. Back in 2012, with no kids... Feels like I would've had time, too.

Just keep on keepin' on. Whatever pace you have to release wonders is cool with me. ; )

Level 49
256px-cosmetic_icon_perceptive_spiderling-png.273182

naga necromancer. using lich for this one. though i may have uploaded my fair share of lich models in the model section, this one will be different. basically, it'll be like my sealed python model. with the crystal and everything. y'all see when i upload more progress

Last edited:
Level 49
Really cool concept, the naga necromancer based on lich. And the sobi mask skin idea too. There are plenty of icons that make good skins and we forget about them. Looking forward for the results!

thanks, this naga in particular will look really, and i mean, really unique among the rest. i'll also try to use retera's tool to give it a less lich vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.