• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model uses just the first Texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hello guys,

I'm having some Texture problem with my Model.
In short: my model only uses the first texture, also when I'm entering the correct paths.

At first I used a Multi-/Sub-Material with Material-ID's to unwrap the texture on a single mesh, but after exporting the model just used the first texture in Wc3 Viewer/Wc3 Model Editor. So I removed that Material and created 3 new ones and assigned those materials to the correct meshs, which I detached before. The model still looks good in 3dsmax, but doesn't in the Viewer. Any solutions to this?

Here's the .mdl part for Material and Texture:

Code:
// 'NeoDeX Version: I.0
// blabla comment
Version {
	FormatVersion 800,
}
Model "test" {
	NumGeosets 3,
	NumBones 1,
	BlendTime 150,
	MinimumExtent { -19.0457, -24.565, -3.8147e-006 },
	MaximumExtent { 13.9322, 24.5657, 178.646 },
	BoundsRadius 180.864,
}
Textures 3 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\Alliance_Exp\BE_Skin.blp",
	}
	Bitmap {
		Image "Doodads\Cinematic\ArthasIllidanFight\Arthas1.blp",
	}
	Bitmap {
		Image "Textures\rpg_human_hands.blp",
	}
}
Materials 3 {
	Material {
		Layer {
			FilterMode None,
			static TextureID 0,
		}
	}
	Material {
		Layer {
			FilterMode None,
			static TextureID 1,
		}
	}
	Material {
		Layer {
			FilterMode None,
			static TextureID 2,
		}
	}
}
Geoset  {
	Vertices 1164 {
		{ -12.4065, -5.63808, 33.3193 },
etc ...

*edit*
I'm using 3dsmax 2012.. maybe this is the problem.. I started a new file, placing a simple box, detached and converted it into 3 meshs and simply created 3 materials using some textures as test and placed them on the meshes. Same results in the Viewer. Still only shows 1 texture.. Maybe somebody works with max 2012, too? And can tell me, if he had the same problems and maybe already fixed them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.