• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model] - Tardis from Doctor Who

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've been itching really hard to make my own Tardis model for warcraft but I've come unstuck at the skinning/animation stage. This skin mapping is too hard. I've got the gmax model and 3ds, obj files . This model is not mine but I've deleted the inside mesh for the gmax file. I have separated the textures into their component jpgs (I've lost track as where exactly I got the files).

Animations needed:
Birth: fade in
Death: explodes
Spell (light bulb flash)
Stomp (door open) -
--That's it---

Don't add sound attachment as there is no way to make sound play before unit actually casts the spell, I use waits to go about syncing the tardis teleport SFX.

Attachments

• Tardis.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 85
I've been itching really hard to make my own Tardis model for warcraft but I've come unstuck at the skinning/animation stage. This skin mapping is too hard. I've got the gmax model and 3ds, obj files . This model is not mine but I've deleted the inside mesh for the gmax file. I have separated the textures into their component jpgs (I've lost track as where exactly I got the files).

Animations needed:
Birth: fade in
Death: explodes
Spell (light bulb flash)
Stomp (door open) -
--That's it---

Don't add sound attachment as there is no way to make sound play before unit actually casts the spell, I use waits to go about syncing the tardis teleport SFX.

Why don't you try AT Skinning? In my basic animation tutorial. I explain how to do it. It's quite easy.

Anyways, I looked into the model and, just detach the door and pieces. You don't really need skinning to animate this. It's mainly effects and some simple FK animations on the door with a pivot set correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.