• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model(s) Requested for Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I recently started work on creating an rpg for WC3 that has needed to be brought here for years, Golden Sun!

The map is coming along pretty well but there are some hang ups I keep coming across that I need a bit of a hand with. One being that there are some Psyenergy effects (Psyenergy = Spells, if you haven't played the Golden Sun games) that I'm having trouble trying to recreate in WC3.

The Psyenergy that I'm having trouble with are listed below:

= Ragnarok =

PsyRagnarok.png

Description: A massive sword crashes into the target, resulting in an explosion.

This one is the toughest for me, I can't think of any effect or model that would work for it.

-----------------------------------------

= Spire/Clay Spire/Stone Spire =

PsySpire.jpg

Description: Spires rain down from above on the target(s), dealing damage.

I can't seem to find a model that would work for this, was thinking of maybe a model using the rain of fire effect but replaced with a dust particles instead of fire.

-----------------------------------------

Theres a few others I can't think of right now, I'll update the thread as needed.

Anyway what I'm looking for are suggestions as to how to create the effects using existing in game models/effects, or modellers willing to take on creating models similar to those from the Golden Sun game. The latter preferred :p

Feel free to leave comments or PM me if you want to take on creating those models, credit will of course be given if I use the model.

Level 1
you could go to attachments on the models tools, & get a red sword model, and go to word editor, replace the rain of fire model file with the sword, also change the damage, and lower the amount of fire balls to 1

Level 1
once you get this straitened out, i would like to see this map, I am a huge golden sun fan

Level 11
you could go to attachments on the models tools, & get a red sword model, and go to word editor, replace the rain of fire model file with the sword, also change the damage, and lower the amount of fire balls to 1

Most sword attachments models are at no angle and basically lay flat, your idea would work if I had an attachment where the sword is angled toward the ground, rain of fire doesn't do that automatically, that's just how that effect works.

Level 22
ok, open up your model in magos. go to windows>model editor (in magos)
and then make a square around all your vertices of the model. then go to transformation>rotation and put in values into the X,Y,Z coordinates, and it'll be rotated.
mess around with the different options for a little bit, you'll get the hang of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.