• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
when I open a model in War3ModelEditor, it shows a black version of the model, with its animations and everything but no skin. I figured this is because the .blp wasn't working, but the .blp file seems fine. Is there a possibility the .blp isn't assigned to the model? Is there a way to change that? Thanks in advance.

Level 25
If the .blp is not in wc's .mpqs, then be sure the path to that .blp file is same as the path described in that model's mdx/mdl file.

If it is not, then you can do it by creating new folders. E.g. the path should be ReplaceableTextures/<name of file>.blp, then in the folder where you have that .mdx file create a folder named "ReplaceableTextures" and put the .blp in it. That way you get the same path.

Level 3
Thats not making sense to me...
So if I did that with 10 models, then I uploaded them to my map, I would have 10 folders in my map? How does that work o.o

No. Doing the folders thing is only if you want to see the model with Model Editor. For importing, you just need to check the custom path and type in the path of the texture.

For example, you have a model with a texture that uses the path Textures\Skin.blp and you want to view it with Model Editor. What you do is go to the folder of the model, make a new folder there named Textures and move the skin there. You should be able to see it with Model Editor now.

For importing, you import the model and skin as usual then double click the skin and check use custom path. Now type in Textures\Skin.blp and your model should work properly in world editor now.

Status
Not open for further replies.