• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model pathing/texturing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Greetings to you all!
First of all, thank you for taking your time to read this. Its appreciated!
Now the thing is, i have been looking through the site and downloading some models and tried them out. Well however i came across 1 model that i could not import into the world editor. The problem i belive is the path of the file. Here is the section for the model:

DEnecro - Page 2 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Anyone can figure out the pathing?? Whats the path once i import it into the world editor? I belive i tried most stuff.. It just doesnt show.. Anyone can figure this one out?

Thank you in advance!

Level 7
simple
Path
units\darkelf\DEnecro\

Import the skins to the following paths:
units\darkelf\DEnecro\DEnecro.blp

Level 3
yup, i tried that. Its correct. either you type it wrongly or...you are missing the another texture (there is 2 textures, should be in the same folder)

Yeah they are, i imported both to the same pathing as you typed above. Didnt work, what did you type in as path for the MDX?

Level 3
mdx dont nid path, just remove the war3imported\

As i thought, thats what i did mate, doesn't work :xxd:

This is what i did:

All the BLP in the foldier i set to: units\darkelf\DEnecro\DEnecro.blp
All the MDX/Portrait i simply removed the 'war3imported'

And that doesn't work, any idea?

Level 3
did u restart we?

Yes mate, im not a noob, i've been modeling for some year now ;P
I just simply can't find the path for this one, this is the first model to not work for me for a very very long time, can't remember how i used to solve these problems.. So all you did to get the model to work is what i typed above? Nothing else?

Level 3
BTW both BLP files can't be set to units\darkelf\DEnecro\DEnecro.blp because 2 of the same existing names/paths doesn't work in the importer. I just noticed tha. So only 1 can be units\darkelf\DEnecro\DEnecro.blp wth will the other one be? :xxd:

Level 3
other one is necro.blp, path same as NEnecro

What? Sorry but i didn't understand that. Repeat please? :thumbs_up:
One is units\darkelf\DEnecro\DEnecro.blp
And the other is what?

EDIT: Ah i got it!..
One is units\darkelf\DEnecro\DEnecro.blp
Other one is units\darkelf\DEnecro\necro.blp

kk ty mate ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.