• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model] Napoleonic Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I would like to request a: Napoleonic Calvary model, Napoleonic Cannon(with a man who reloads and fires the cannon), and a Napoleonic General Model.

If anyone can bring to my attention or create one of these models I would give them loading screen credits and my highest graditude.

Thnx in advance to anyone who helps me :)

EDIT: This is the first time I've requested something so forgive me if my title is wrong lol.

Level 13
well my friend Blinkboy made me an infantry model. and he is suppose to make me a cannon and calv model, but he is delaying and i fear he never will.

btw I've used a few of your models and they're quite good. If you couldn't do a cannon then try a calv? I could send you the inf model to look at if you'd like :D

So you were that friend Blinkboy made a model. :grin: I remember that model, it was before Ralle renewed the resource section and some models were gone (including mine). :angry: Now I making a similar model, because I didn't like some things on that model (particularly animations), but I have huge problems with making a skin of the uniform (I just cannot make it look good) :sad:

Btw, what is calv?

Level 13
Well the contest wasn't held on this website and it was a LONG time ago about this time last year.

Well right now I've only started doing minor unit work and have been shaping and terraining my terrain of europe. How would you like me to show you the progress?

Yes, I know the contest was not on this website, probably I would know about it. I meant if you could provide a link of the website the contest was held. It is that your clan in your sig? (lol, where Kofi_Banan was accusing people of thieving Xd)

What about BlinkBoy? Is he still modelling? I really like his models, although I remember only three at the moment.

I have the plan to make a cavalry, but it would probably won't be what you really want as I plan to use ingame textures. But I have to finish some other stuff until then.

I thought you could show me the map to see how it looks like, you know also people here like that the requester has to show something. *cough HappyTauren *cough :grin:

Level 13
Lol. I told him they were stealing his map :p. Those people aren't on our forums anymore however.

Blink still models but mostly has been working on his map Europa II...

Well anythings better than using the Knight model or the Raider model.

Well at the moment all I have to show is the terrain baisically just the shape actually. I shall however work on it tonight and will post a link tommorow sound good?

EDIT: http://clanmek.co.nr/ is where the contest was held but I'm having trouble locating the thread....

Level 13
Well the map will be like a Tactical Diplomacy map. Where you capture cities, regulate trade and raise taxes to gain profit. Then you use that profit to either encourage more trade or raise units for war. There will two modes: Historical or Diplomacy. Historical will follow the French Emperors descions and allow you to try and overcome the odds he faced. Diplomacy will be baisically a free-for-all. Where you can ally, declare war, or remain neutral against any country at your own will and profit. At the moment I've only finished doing the Italian Alps and mountains around Hungarian plains. I've also added rivers such as the Rhine, Elbe and Danube.

I have that model :p I was hoping for a Calvary unit that wasn't clad in armor and was wielding a sabre. So perhaps you could scale down the Orcish Raider's Sabre to a decent size and remove his helmet then make him look human? Oh and instead of riding a giant wolf maybe that horse you used for your calvary model?

I noticed you made a cannon model awhile back you said it toke you "15 Minutes" to make? I was looking and it looked perfect.

Hmm, I meant the combat system. Will be there formations, melee charges or any other Napoleonic era characteristics? You know, I am more the man of action. :wink:

What do you mean by make him look human? If you mean to reskin you are asking the wrong person (I suck at drawing, especially faces). And what calvary model. I did not make any calvary model :confused: (btw is cavalry, not calvary)

Which cannon are you referring? That in model section or some I showed it in some thread?

Level 13
Well I'm trying to get Blink to let me use a system he made where units are in Groups of 12 and formations. There will be Bonyet charges. Cannon will have to be aimed. Two different infantry type: Line Infantry and Skimishers.

Well maybe just replace his head with a Knights head?

Yes that's the cannon. The cannon you have in resources here has a water spray effect that looks funky on land.

EDIT: I attached a arial view of my terrain.

Last edited:
Water stuff? Well, that is supposed to be a smoke, but I did not add any colors do particles. Sorry I was noob at making particle emitters in that period.

Terrain? I can see my house in the middle. XD :grin: Well, is decent, but nothing compared what BlinkBoy showed on that site. That is just awesome. How big is your map?

Anyway you did not see the model from behind. I have some problems to model the set at the back.

Attachments

• cannon.jpg
    cannon.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 187
Level 13
My terrain is 380 x 380. I used WEU.

I still think that model is perfect. Just add some color like brown to the wheels and gray to the tube and it's purrrrfect.

How about that Calvary model? Could you do the raider thing?

EDIT: I found some Napoleonic units that are very tacky looking and lag ALOT. I was wondering however if you would like to see them? They're not of the highest quality. Perhaps you could edit these to be less laggy and have a team color? Along with making them look less gay lol xD

Last edited:
Well for that big map you could use some more details or just make the map smaller. Where is Istria, my home?

I cannot do cavalry, at least for now, I have some other models to finish.

ROFL! Those model are very funny :grin::grin::grin: Where did you get them? Seriously there is not point to edit them. But I am glad that is possible to find models about this theme.

EDIT: I find that map :D On epicwar you can find the most obscure maps on this planet XD

Anyway, the cannon is textured.

Attachments

• cannon.jpg
    cannon.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Level 13
Wow! That's beautiful and perfect does it have animations?

No calvary? :'( Well if you're too busy I understand.

No worries about detail I'm just doing the the outlines of the map right now the General stuff. I'll go into detail here once I've placed all the mountains and have tweaked some terrain errors out like the top of scandinavia :/.

What other models are you working? Are you working on a map?

Level 13
Thank you verrrrry much! I take it you're not gonna have a go at the calvary model? :(

Blink is primarily on Wc3Diplo.com or Wc3campaigns.net if you PM him at either he should respond.

Again thank you very much. :D

I was making more fun of the models, actually the map would be better if he used wc3 riflemen and knights, or even that dwarven elite rifleman, who has also bayonet attack animation.

I have no clue about your map, so I cannot help you. Better you work some on your map so I can see the playable version. But I hope the infantry will not be that slow, especially on 480x480 map. Although I thing 256x256 would be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.