• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[MODEL] Kodo Beast Mount Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello.

There is a people in my map called the A'lin (based-off Draenei models), nomadic bandits that subsist in a desert region. They capture wild giant beasts, Bhan'thas (based-off the Kodo model) to use as mounts and carriers of their stuff as they roam.

In the first pic below is a mount with a rider - just the kodo model with a draenei model attachment at the chest.
I need a mount model attachment (for the kodo) to use with the draenei model attachment to complete the look and to conceal the draenei model attachment's missing legs. This mount model would look like it is composed of the materials of the Draenei Chieftain's Hut model (in the pic below), and it would have a fan-sail-thing (like the one attached to the building in the pic).

Can any1 make this model?

Attachments

• A'lin Bhan'tha + Rider.JPG
    A'lin Bhan'tha + Rider.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,684
  • Materials Base.JPG
    Materials Base.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 415
Level 6
The hut model itself is not fitting... it is a hut not a mount.

It is too big.

Attachments

• zzz.JPG
    zzz.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 505
Level 9
I would do it, but i don't know modeling. But couldn't you increase the size of the hut, or decrease the size of the kodo so they would fit? And you could attach it to overhead or attach it to nothing so it would look normal like it was on the ground.

Level 12
ermmm.... why don't you open Magos model editor and try to reduce size of that hut, and...ermmm.... make Kodo bigger :) Maybe that will work, i mean, creating smaller and bigger things that already exist in magos model editor isn't hard :)

Level 6
I am making this request coz I don't know how to model; if I knew how to model, and were good at it, I'd be working on it myself.

Any modeler up to making this?

Level 12
to be honest, i don't know anything about modeling, but one thing do. That magos model editor is the easiest and best program for small changes on models and so. There you can add thins such as particle emitters and other geosets that doesn't exist on that model.... You should try to learn a bit in Magos model editor...

Level 6
Goddam this is soooo ez

edit: but it just doesnt do. even if i adjust the attach point and rotation of the hut model so that it doesnt look so offset from where the Draenei guy is 'sitting' the kodo, it doesnt cover the draenei's leg area (it doesnt conceal his missing legs) and it looks like he is halfway stuck on the dome thing.

so can any1 make the requested model?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,371
Level 6
Well this is how much I have edited it so far, but it looks 'empty' and there are only 2 more materials in the model I can use.

Can somebody add in like a leather (as in Kodo-hide leather/cloth) seat or something + ropes, stuff hanging between horn things, etc.?

Attachments

• ChieftainHut.mdx
    29 KB · Views: 93
  • sofar.JPG
    sofar.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 710
Status
Not open for further replies.