• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model invisible in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok. im getting really frustrated to the point of deleting everything associated with warcraft. After being through google, yahoo and many search engines, i have still not found the answer. The cause of this frustration? I've been trying to import my model into the world editor. I am importing a working and approved model of LOTR's Sauron model created by olofmoleman. I have done exactly what the tut says. Changing war3mapimported\TeamGlow06.blp to ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow06.blp. And changing war3mapimported\Sauron.blp to Textures\Sauron.blp. I left war3mapimported\Sauron.mdx as it is as the tut didn't say anything about touching it. I binded the model to the Lich King. I tried it out on the world editor. Works perfectly, no checkered cube (that alone i spent much of my time cracking my head). So i saved the map and exited World Editor, as the tut instructed to. I re-entered the World Editor, and i found out the custom model I made was no longer there. Ok. So i re-opened the save file. the model was there. But whenever i opened a new map, the model wont be there. And thats not it. I had the model in my World Editor. I tried out the map. And the only thing i see is a shadow from an invisible hero. I looked through another tut. Many of these tuts told me to "check skin paths" and "make sure you import all the skins". All this i have done. I have also copied my skins and models into the WC3 root directory. I restarted the saved map. Still invisible. Can anyone help me with this dilemma?

Level 2
oops. sorry. i wasnt aware that i was posting in the wrong place. I got the initial link from the page i downloaded the model. He said to post it at "link" if i encounter any problems.

(If you did exactly as this guide told you and it did not work properly. Please make a thread in the Modeling & Animation Forum containing the following:)
There. Sorry for posting wrongly. And yeah, ill re-look the rules.

Level 16
Delete the "war3mapimported\" from war3mapimported\Sauron.mdx

All .mdx models should have that front line removed, its a pretty standard importing rule. Your model should work by now.

Anyway for insurance, I downloaded the Sauron model not 5 minutes ago and tested it in WE. It works. Exited WE and re-opened it, it still work. Nothing wrong with the model.

Level 2
ahhh... Thanks for all of your help. I somehow managed to get my model working, along with a custom made mace for him. XD. thanks for all your help!! +rep for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.