• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Import problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have tried to import a few models into my map, from the ones you can DL here. I've read the readme, I've checked the tutorial and can't get ANY of them to work.

Most recently: Stone Wall and Stone Wall Connector

The readme says nothing about path for the model, it talks about a texture which is in game and not supplied but tells me a path for it for some reason.

I tried with the default path, then i tried to delete the wc3imported/ and all I'm getting is a green/black box.

While i am thankful they have many resources here, a clear way to use them is nowhere to be found.

Obviously the people that made it had it working in-game they should post a map with just their model on it so we can all
see exactly how it's imported and and the size that it works in best. (They did it for screenshots and could have easily uploaded it as well)

Anyway, what is the proper path for the model so it can find the in game textures?

Level 22
Works for me. You sure you restarted your map after importing?

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 62
Level 8
I was able to get it working, thanks for the info. I was assigning it to an item before saving and even after saving and restarting editor it would still be a black/green box.

I'd +rep you maker, but it says i have to spread some around before I can, you answer too many of my questions :p

Status
Not open for further replies.