• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model/Icon Request: Lumber storage tent and a tent encampment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
First of all i need a model for a "lumber storage tent"

It should be like:
-4 poles sticking up from the ground in a square formation
-a veil spanned over those 4 poles
-some lumber logs beneath the veil
-aand a big lumber saw leaning against the lumber logs.

For that model ^, i'd also like a fitting icon.

and the last thing i need, is a icon for this model

+reps
for any completed request i'm satisfied with.

Last edited:
Level 8
Can you make a simple drawing in paint so I can see how you want your model. And is it a doodad or building model?

its a Building.

Lumber%20Tent.jpg

yeah the 2 poles in the back are shorter. so the veil is hanging at 45% degrees or sumthing. whatever ^__^

I'll make you the icon.
But at first you have to ask for permission of the creator of this model.

asked for permission, waiting for permission reply now.

Level 12
I used the normal saw with the normal texture that is used on the human buildings. And I don't know of any other saw textures. But you didn't answer on what animations you want it to be. And I don't think such a model don't fit as a building, but a doodad.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Drone.png
    Drone.png
    301.5 KB · Views: 261
Level 8
@Goolygot

I don't see what you mean about the animations, I just know that i need it as a constructable building with all involved animations.

also the roof shouldn't be made out of wood but a simple cloth, hanging down a bit and draped partially over the 4 poles.

and like darkdeathknight said the saw texture is hmm.. myeah.. looks like a slab of metal o.o!

but it seems like you're able to create models varily well and you're skilled, so i'll be waiting a bit longer ^__^

Level 12
I hope you find the saw texture, because I've never heard about it. And here's a little update. I've added cloth "roof" and a little cloth hanging down of every pole.
attachment.php

What animations do you want it to have?

Attachments

• Drone.png
    Drone.png
    303.8 KB · Views: 494
Level 8
@goolygot

it should have a birth, death and stand animation. like all buildings require ^__^

also, it looks much better now, but one thing thats bothering me is that the cloth on top is kinda thick o.o!

Level 8
@darkdeathknight,

looks really cool, but not sure if its suitable for a lumber storage "tent" o.o.... what kind of game is Mount and Blade anyways? seems interesting :3

oh and imight be requesting models like those two later on aswell.....

Last edited:
Level 8
Well it is best (my opinion) to have the same cloth roof as the other models as they will fit better to.

Agreed, or maybe just make 2 different versions.

it looks totally awesome now btw (although i do kinda get the feeling its no longer a "lumber storage tent", becuz of market-ish look from that cloth texture..)
Only thing left is that saw i guess..

Level 8
And to Animoi666, I don't know how this would have any animations. It's just a "tent" so to speak.

All buildings have a "birth" animation no?

also, this'll be build by worker-type units and it'd be kinda weird if they where building a building that appears to be done already o.0

Level 8
@Goolygot

can you upload it then? would like to see how it works in-game now..

and i would greatly appreciate it if one of you two could just let it rise out of the ground or something... simple elevation as birth anim?

Status
Not open for further replies.