• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model exporting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Dude, I think I'm a magnet for bugs and weird stuff...
I have problems at every single step for modeling o_O

well anyway... I was exporting the scorpion guy to test its animations, and this is how pretty he looks in WE:

attaching 3dstudio scene file and mdl file...

EDIT: just figured the .mdl had an error message from neodex. I made changes according to that but I still have the same problem

Attachments

• scorpion.mdl
    193.2 KB · Views: 87
  • scorp.max
    580 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I just took a look a the model, first thing that looked weird was the weight table, if I select the bone root I get that all vertiches are included ?, this is wrong, check each bone against the weight table and fix that problem first.

Or select each bone, then select all veriches, and press the button "Exclude Selected vertiches", then restart from the first bone, make sure you have the "Vertiches" check selected, select the vertiches you want to be connected to that specific bone and select "Include Selected vertiches" button.
To have a nice defromation, for example the elbow, select these vertiches for the upper and the lower arm bone, so their color is not Red but yellow.

I also saw that the vertiches are not welded well, for example the shoulder, check them again, I normally use Target Weld, or you can use Selected Weld.

T.

Level 5
I just took a look a the model, first thing that looked weird was the weight table, if I select the bone root I get that all vertiches are included ?, this is wrong, check each bone against the weight table and fix that problem first.

Or select each bone, then select all veriches, and press the button "Exclude Selected vertiches", then restart from the first bone, make sure you have the "Vertiches" check selected, select the vertiches you want to be connected to that specific bone and select "Include Selected vertiches" button.
To have a nice defromation, for example the elbow, select these vertiches for the upper and the lower arm bone, so their color is not Red but yellow.

I also saw that the vertiches are not welded well, for example the shoulder, check them again, I normally use Target Weld, or you can use Selected Weld.

T.

are you sure about all that? the last thing I thought I would have problems with were the bones... the animations work fine in 3d studio, and I followed BlinkBoy's tutorial to do it...
Also, how could Bone_Root have all vertices included to it if it's not even listed in the skin modifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.