• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

mdx conversion help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to make/alter models using MilkShape 3D 1.7.6. I have an import/export tool in the program, but the export changes to a mdl file. I have YobGuls file converter, but whenever I change a mdl file into a mdx file, I get the following error message:

Error reading model file:
Error (line 1):Unexpected token "[] 1/2"

I imported a model from the game, didn't make any changes, exported it, and got this error message when I tried to convert the mdl file to mdx.

After doing some reading here on the boards, seemed like maybe the model was protected, and that could have been the reason for the error.

So I decided to start from scratch and make my own model. Exported the model into mdl, ran it through the file converter, got the same error message.

Anyone able to help me with this? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.