• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model Edit: Dionesiist's Demon Arch-Duke without helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello all,

I really like Dionesiist's Demon Arch-Duke. It kind of transports the dark vibe that daemons in Warcraft 1 and Warcraft 2 had. (This is why I'd like to use it as mainline unit for my demon faction, which would be equivalent in strength and price to a 6-man squad of other races.)

However, the model looks too much like a leader with that helmet. I want it to be more like a generic, yet brutal looking demon - you know, kind of like in Warcraft 1 or 2.

When I first stumbled upon this model, I actually saw a modified version of it in a video:

Look at timemark 2min30sec

^^ This is pretty much what I want.

Sadly, that guy "Arconte Saurio" never seems to have published his work, other than teasing everyone with videos and then dissappearing. :mad:

The edit I want is simple:
- Only change the head of Dionesiist's Demon Arch-Duke to be without helmet
- Make the head like in Arcone Saurio's video, or make it similar to the head of daemons in Warcraft 1 or 2
- Additional portrait animations (e.g. mouth movement) are NOT required (I consistently do not use conventional unit responses in my map)
(- I appreciate how vile and sinister the edited daemon in Arconte Saurio's map looks. It's also good that he's kind of repulsive looking, because I have too many bad guys of the "badass" type and too few of the "detestable and brutal" type in my map.)

Why I don't do this myself:
- I tried to reproduce the model edit seen in Arconte Saurio's video, but I am too bad at adjusting textures (sidenote: The modified model seems to use the doomgaurd or the diablo cart texture in the head region; the lower head region of the modified model still has the old helmet texture of Dionesiist's original model)

Last edited:
Level 10
This is the head Arconte Saurio used for his edited version: FallenOneImp

So it is the texture of the diablo cart then. That texture is already included in the default Demon ArchDuke, in case anyone wants to try the edit...
Sadly, the shape of the head and ears of that FallenOneImp are still very different from what can be seen in Arconte Saurio's map. The texture is also "stretched" in a different way.

Thank you for the hint anyways. The Imp's head could indeed be used as a basis for the kind of edit I am looking for - at least it has some proper texture wrapping already applied to it, so it is easier to edit. But the head shape in Arconte Saurio's map actually seems to be rather similar to the helmet of the original Demon Arch-Duke, except for the tip of the helmet that leads to the "ponytail". ツ

Status
Not open for further replies.