• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moddeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Not sure if this is exactly the place where to post this, but I'm wondering what program and plugins people tend to shift towards when modeling for Warcraft III. I've spent hours searching for modeling programs compatible for the Blizzard's Art Tools, found version 5 of max and it just doesn't work with my system (doesn't respond on start-up). Tried pretty much everything to get it to run. Apparently from what I've heard it isn't compatible with Windows 7.

Obviously it's still possible for people to make custom models, so what programs and plugins do they use?

I'm fine as far as knowing how to model. I'm currently using Maya 2013, but from reading comments and threads on this site I'm going to need older versions of programs, especially max.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.