• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

MMORPG Creep Respawn System Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey forums!
Do any of you know another way to make creep respawn than mine?
I do it like this:

• If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Dying unit) Equal to Gnoll1
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Gnoll Ambusher for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Gnoll1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Gnoll1 = (Last created unit)
    • Else - Actions
But when you got 3 different kinds of gnolls, which would be Gnoll, Gnoll Poucher and Gnoll Brute, and there is like 60+ gnolls in the map that you would like to respawn at specific points (regions), what would you suggest me to do?
Any smart way to skip variabling every gnoll to gnoll1-60, Gnollregion1-60 and set gnoll1-60.
Are there any way to just respawn matching unit and make that respawned unit keep being respawned when killed over and over again, AT SPECIFIC INDIVIDUAL point?

I don't know if there is any other way around, but would spare a lot of time. I have made a lot of triggers, when I then found out I could have done it much faster and simpler.
Thank you forum for your help, I appreciate it!
-SnowYell

Level 11
This should work well, I used hashtables to store everything so it doesn't take any space.

It saves the position of unit as coordinates (X/Y) and gives those original coordinates to the new unit that it spawns.

Creep Respawn (GUI)

this is nice tutorial but if you allready got custom value of unit you can use this system I made for my current project.

It's nice but it uses a point array which I like to avoid if possible.

Attachments

• GUI Respawn System.w3x
    24.3 KB · Views: 76
Level 8
This should work well, I used hashtables to store everything so it doesn't take any space.

It saves the position of unit as coordinates (X/Y) and gives those original coordinates to the new unit that it spawns.

It's nice but it uses a point array which I like to avoid if possible.

Really nice... But just too.. Complicated for me xD..

Status
Not open for further replies.