• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Creep Respawn System] For Gnollwood(6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
:vw_wtf: well, here i go, hello hiveworkshop comunity as the tittle said, im trying to develop an Respawn Creep System BY category, ok this is how i want it to work

Theres about 20 Creep camps in Gnollwoods, i classified them like this

Low Camps: are the early weaks ones. to be specific, those are that has two lvl 1 creeps, and one level 3. for this Camps i want a respawn timer of, 60 (game time) Seconds, and the creep that will respawn, it doesnt have to be the same ones, could be random it doesn't matter:)

Mid Camps: Those are the ones that has two lvl 3 and one lvl 6 OR three level 3, for this one i want a respawn timer of 120 seconds(gametime)

High Camps: Mostly the one that are protecting a gold mine. or those that has between... two lvl 1 creeps, two lvl 3 and one lvl 6 for this ones, a respawn timer of 180 (gametime)

Max Camps: This ones are the most dangerous in the map, two lvl 6 creeps, and one lvl 9, Respawn of 240 seconds. (gametime)

I tried a GUI triggering something like this.

(Low Camp One )
Event: Unit Generic Dies.
Condition: Owner of (Triggered Unit ) Equals to: Neutral Hostile
Actions:
Turn (this trigger) off ( to eliminate the repeats )
If (Condition: Number of units in (Units in Creep Low Camp 01<Gen> Owned by Neutral Hostile Equal to 0

then do actions:
Unit - Create 2 (Random level 1 Creep unit type ) For Neutral hostile at (random point of (Creep Low Camp 01) )
Unit - Create 1 (Random level 3 Creep unit type ) For Neutral hostile at (random point of (Creep Low Camp 01) )
Wait 5 Seconds
Turn (This Trigger) on ( to enable it again and repeat the process )

i made 20 differents Triggers for each camp, cause if i use a generic based REspawn system it respawn timer would be the same, and i don't want that...

so i have been tryined alot of things... im trying to get this work, by my own but i need a little of help of you:( so could you please post help me with some of this?

Errors that occurs during the testing: 1. I have to retreat all my Units immidiatly to make sure that the Creeps will spawn. even if the trigger is configured to lauch IF theres IS NO neutral Hostile units in the area. otherwise the trigger will not spawn the new creeps. i don't know why this happends.

2. Due the Generic event and Condition that the all the 20 Triggers has... all of them launch when i kill a Neutral Hostile Unit However the ''if Condition: Then Do Actions: Else: Triggers SHOULD FILTER each camp... because the Conditions is based on a single camp. let just say that i kill a all the 3 creeps in camp 1. ok... 60 seconds later, ok the creeps are back. BUT... camp 2, 3, 4 ,5 ,6 etc are spawning their creeps without even killing their camps.

How to help me like this:( sorry for the bad english i know don't hate me for this please... ¬¬ thanks for your time... cheers
-zamurock

Level 12
i did it like this.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Region 000 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Creeps[1] = (Creeps[1] + 1)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(Creeps[1]))
            • If - Conditions
              • Creeps[1] Equal to 3
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: The creep will be r...
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 5
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 4
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 3
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 2
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 1
              • Set Creeps[1] = 0
              • Unit - Create 2 (Random level 1 creep unit-type) for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Create 1 (Random level 3 creep unit-type) for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Region 001 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Creeps[2] = (Creeps[2] + 1)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(Creeps[2]))
            • If - Conditions
              • Creeps[2] Equal to 3
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: The creep will be r...
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 5
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 4
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 3
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 2
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 1
              • Set Creeps[2] = 0
              • Unit - Create 2 (Random level 1 creep unit-type) for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Create 1 (Random level 3 creep unit-type) for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
but first, you need to lower their Guard Distance (i think it's called this) on Gameplay Constants so they won't leave the region.

Last edited:
Level 1
Ok Two i'll check this one :eek: but if im not wrong, your trigger goes out IF... theres a unit in the region?.. well that is not what exactly what i want, it like... LoL Jungle Creeps :O you killed them and theres a specific time for each one to respawn, thats what i want to Low, Mid, High and max camps in this map

Level 12
Ok Two i'll check this one :eek: but if im not wrong, your trigger goes out IF... theres a unit in the region?..

no, my trigger will trigger when a unit owned by Neutral Hostile dies and it will check if the dying unit is inside the region.

if yes
, then Creep + 1, when it reach 3 that means all the 3 neutral hostile in that region have died, and the trigger will wait 5 seconds (configurable) to respawn the units. Then the Creep will be set to 0 again, and the process recommences :)
if no, then it will do nothing :)

Level 12
you're welcome, Zamurock :)

let me know if a disaster happened.

REMEMBER that you should prevent them from leaving the region...

i set in the Gameplay Constant :

Guard Distance = 0.01
Guard Return Distance = 0.01
Guard Return Time = 0.01

well, maybe not that low. but i'm sure you know what to do :)

Level 1
Well could you pass me the map where you made the trigger x.x? guessing the variables is kinda confussing

Status
Not open for further replies.