• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Missing Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Today I was working on the map which I've been working on for about 6 months, when for some reason world editor and frozen throne stopped working. I used task manager to shut them down, and i tried to restart them. Both of them froze while starting up and did nothing. I restarted my computer and both worked, but for some reason the map which I have been working on AND all of my backups in a different folder were deleted... Does anyone know if i can restore these files or why they were deleted in the first place?
I'm new to the hive; I'm more active on wc3cam.paigns but it's down right now

Level 9
Hmmm, how about system restoring to yesterday? It might work...
Programs - > Accesories - > System tools - > System Restore.
Or something along those lines.
Hope this works...

Level 7
I should've said before- Im using vista, which, for some reason, doesnt modify anything but drivers and programs when you use system restore..
I've hosted the map alot for my friends to show them what I have, but the last time I did was about a week ago, and It would take awhile to redo everything which I did.

Level 9
Vista, shame...
Well have you looked in your tests folder. You know thd temp folder that holds maps when you test them. Theres something about retrieval from the test folder in the FAQ.
Btw you might want to introduce yourself to the Hive in the Introductions section in the offtopic forum.

Level 9
Anytime,
Good luck with you project and i hope we'll be seeing more of you here at the Hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.