• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MiscData.txt: What to do today with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone, LordHatchet95 here. So, I've been trying to get the "MiscData.txt" working, but lately I'm having problems doing so... I tried to search for answers but got none... So the only option for now is asking directly.

What I need is detailed instructions about the file, meaning where to put it, create a folder and such... since after the chaos WC3 reforged caused, It either stopped working or it requires a different path...

In Reforged one needs to place the local files in either _retail_ or into _ptr_. Depends if you want to change ptr or normal version.
When one would want to overwrite the main menu background one would place it here:
Warcraft III\_retail_\webui\webms\mainmenu.webm

If one dislikes the removed unit responses since reforged one would place a custom one here:
Warcraft III\_retail_\ui\Soundinfo\unitacksounds.slk

In Reforged one needs to place the local files in either _retail_ or into _ptr_. Depends if you want to change ptr or normal version.
When one would want to overwrite the main menu background one would place it here:
Warcraft III\_retail_\webui\webms\mainmenu.webm

If one dislikes the removed unit responses since reforged one would place a custom one here:
Warcraft III\_retail_\ui\Soundinfo\unitacksounds.slk

is it in the one in documents folder or the one in program files folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.