• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mirror Image?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Moderators: I'm not sure if this is the place to make the thread... Please guide me to the right place if i'm wrong.

Thread:

I made an RPG where STR, AGI and INT increases damage equally (by giving a Damage Tome that increases DMG by 1.) Using common "Mirror Image" skill creates the illusion, but, though the Hero deals 30-30 damage, the Mirror Image deals 15-15 (The base damage of the caster).

How can I make the Illusion deal the same dmg than the caster? (Or at least display the same dmg amount, knowing that the % damage amount that the illusion deals is placed in the Object Editor)

Level 20
The damage dealt is set to 1. But, the hero says "Damage: 30-30" and the Illussion says "Damage: 15-15".

In Gameplay constants the illusion gets attack bonuses =/

Level 4
because you dont increase their attack, but give them attack bonus.
if you go to gameplay constant, you can make every str-int-agi give +1 attack, instead of using "silly" ways.

Level 20
Gameplay Constant: Damager per PRIMARY ATTRIBUTE.

I have only one hero that can be customized however the player wants... OR is there a way to make the unit have 3 primary attributes? I don't think so...

If the illusion created that way doesn't work, can I somehow trigger the creation of the illusion?

Dota Darkseer illusions are :p

Level 4
yes, you can. I have done it, it should be somewhere... but anyway, that would be "expensive".
Why dont you change your "tomes"' ability to "Item permanent damage gain" ? it should work this way. as you -actually- increase -actual- damage.

Level 20
I'm already doing it: when the hero adds INT, STR, or AGI, The system creates a tome based on that ability: "Item Permanent Damage Gain", and gives it to the Hero.

Level 4
I'm already doing it: when the hero adds INT, STR, or AGI, The system creates a tome based on that ability: "Item Permanent Damage Gain", and gives it to the Hero.

can you post a screenshot from like level 10 hero ? does damage type as "10+10" or "20" ?

Level 20
Hehe... Every time the hero increases INT, AGI, or STR, the tome is given and dmg increases 15-15, 16-16, 17-17, 18-18, etc. Bonuses (+##) are only based on items :)

When the hero uses the Illusion Skill, the Hero says Dmg 30-30, and the Illusion displays Dmg: 15-15 =/

Level 33
Mirror Image will not make the illusion(s) have their base damage changed
The display damage will always be the same as the Caster, but the damage dealt will vary with the settings

I have never seen this problem before, can you at least provide us with screenshot one shows Caster and another shows Illusion ?
We want to compare its base damage.

Level 20
This is a Pre-Placed hero, with pre-set level 5 and 500 stats (I'm testing some stuff).

attachment.php
_________
attachment.php

The 5 additional points you see (2str / 3 agi) are the skillpoints used to make the difference: Hero has 5+ Dmg, but illusion doesn't.

Attachments

• Hero.jpg
    Hero.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,698
  • Illusion.jpg
    Illusion.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,297
Level 33
Did you increase the damage when the illusion had been created or did you increase the damage, then afterwards, you made the illusion ?

Or perhaps it has something to do with the ability itself ?

Try increasing your primary attribute (by increasing primary attribute, a unit will have its own base damage increased) instead of +dmg tome to the unit (remove the action of +dmg tome to the unit)
Test it first.

Level 20
I added stats, and then created the illusion. You can check that the illusion has the same stats =).

The Illusion reads the primary attribute damage. I did what you said, and illusion deals 515-515 damage, even after adding the stats. Seems like Mirror illusion doesn't count the dmg added with tomes...

Level 33
Yes, it is hard-coded mechanics
Same as Bonus Mana ability, if you set it to Level more than 1 (meaning this ability can be leveled), at Level 1 it takes effect, but after than that, it won't

You need to have ability replacement, each new ability, not Leveled ability

There are some mysteries in Warcraft 3 mechanics, you have to find it for yourself, happy hunting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.