• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Mirror image destroys variables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I set a learning hero to turn into Var(variable) when the learned hero´s skill equal to a custom mirror image. Problems is i see that when the mirror image is casted the variable stops working until i level up mirror image skill so i reactivate the set variable =

• Varia
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Mirror Image
    • Actions
      • Set Varia = (Learning Hero)

Level 3
Well, you set this Variable is only for "Learning Hero"

and

You cast mirror image is different event....

Lean a skill is (Learning Hero)
Start the effect of an ability[<-mean cast spell] is for (Triggering Unit)

Level 5
Thanks for the replies

Well, you set this Variable is only for "Learning Hero"

and

You cast mirror image is different event....

Lean a skill is (Learning Hero)
Start the effect of an ability[<-mean cast spell] is for (Triggering Unit)
If i dont cast the spell the variable works perfectly and if i create another trigger that set the variable again (or a different variable) when it casts the ability it dont create the variable. I use learning hero variable because the ability gives you an active and a passive effect that works pretty well if i dont cast mirror image

As far as I am aware, using mirror image will not change the handle of a unit. As such the variable should still correctly refer to the caster of Mirror Image after mirror image is cast.

Maybe another trigger is conflicting with the variable?

I going to search about a conflict while i trying to solve this error

Level 5
I found the problem but i am unable to solve it because i dont know how. When i modify the mirror image ability or create a new custom skill which based on mirror image the ability starts to delete the variable. I made a blank map and modified its objects until i fond the error and that is.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 5
  • mirror image
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Mirror Image based ability
    • Actions
      • Set hero = (Learning Hero)

• hero variable trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Attacking unit) Equal to hero
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
As you can see the trigger stops working when the mirror image is casted

Attachments

• Mirror Image.w3x
    13 KB · Views: 37

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As you can see the trigger stops working when the mirror image is casted
That is because every unit created by mirror image learns the ability. So for example, if you have level 3 mirror image in your test map and cast it, then the learn trigger fires 6 times. It fires 3 times for the real hero and 3 times for the illusion. The illusion often ends up learning it last so the variable gets set to them.

Level 5
That is because every unit created by mirror image learns the ability. So for example, if you have level 3 mirror image in your test map and cast it, then the learn trigger fires 6 times. It fires 3 times for the real hero and 3 times for the illusion. The illusion often ends up learning it last so the variable gets set to them.

It is true! Thanks you very much. I was using a trigger that set the variable with different abilities learned on every hero
  • Varia
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to q
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to w
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to e
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to r
    • Actions
      • Set Hero = (Learning Hero)
and now i disabled this trigger and replaced it by casting unit triggers and they works perfectly without rewriting all the triggers this units starts

Status
Not open for further replies.