• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Mirror Images!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
  • Images at point
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts casting a ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast equal to mirror image
    • Actions
      • Set Target point = (triggering unit) -------- place your destination point
      • Region - Move region bla bla <gen> at position of (triggering unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick all units in region bla bla <gen> ((picked unit) is ilusion equal to true) and make (picked unit) to move(instantly) to Target point
HINTS:
=> Target point ------ variable of type point
=> bla bla <gen> ------ a region that you have to make
=> it may have writing issues but if you know some trigger editor you will succed

Level 12
  • Images at point
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts casting a ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast equal to mirror image
    • Actions
      • Set Target point = (triggering unit) -------- place your destination point
      • Region - Move region bla bla <gen> at position of (triggering unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick all units in region bla bla <gen> ((picked unit) is ilusion equal to true) and make (picked unit) to move(instantly) to Target point
HINTS:
=> Target point ------ variable of type point
=> bla bla <gen> ------ a region that you have to make
=> it may have writing issues but if you know some trigger editor you will succed

This is not suitable for this thread...at all... furthermore this way of picking all units is ... stupid and it leaks.

You make a dummy cast illusion, on your hero.

Just to add something: That is a wand of illusion based spell ;)

Last edited:
Level 9
the target point is a unit ? and if its a unit do you want to damage the unit ?

Edit: i may have a problem ... i made the illusion at the point but the model of the ilusion is not exacly the casting hero's model and i can't change that ... if you tell me EXACTLY what your skill does maybe i can make it another way ...

Last edited:
Level 5
the target point is a unit ? and if its a unit do you want to damage the unit ?

Edit: i may have a problem ... i made the illusion at the point but the model of the ilusion is not exacly the casting hero's model and i can't change that ... if you tell me EXACTLY what your skill does maybe i can make it another way ...

Uhmmm... how bout this... it isnt a target spell that would deal damage... BUT SIMPLY a created unit, but it would be a clone(Mirror Image)... Can you try?..

Level 25
Don't use MistAssass way if you have more illusions somehow it would teleport them all.
You could always just create a dummy unit and give it weakness to normal damage and spell damage, although it would be good to remove it from game when it dies due to death animations.

Level 11
i made an spell of that kind with only gui, DSG

but i wanna know what this guy is asking for

EDIT: ok here is my trigger (the one i use and i know it works fine

• unit casts Conjure image
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Conjure image
    • Actions
      • Set unit_owner = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Location[66] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Image Caster ( Dummy Unit ) for unit_owner at Location[66] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Image_caster = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Inventory to Image_caster
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Conjure image for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Image Maker lvl 1 and give it to Image_caster
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • You have more lvls
        • Then - Actions
          • Do the same for the other lvls
        • Else - Actions
      • Hero - Order Image_caster to use (Last created item) on (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Image_caster
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Location[66])
the image maker item has only 1 charge and it is perishable so that it is not dropped upon dummy unit's death

Level 12
Inorder to cast the wand of illusion via triggers you need to use its order integer with JASS.

Clarification:
Make a copy of the wand of illusions ability -> make it a unit ability with the stats you desire -> when your_unit starts the effect of your ability, create a dummy unit -> add the wand_of_illusions_based_ability to the dummy, and order it(via a custom script or normal jass) using the integer order id to use the spell on the desired unit.

An alternative would be to create a unit of the same type as the unit you desire, modify it's vertex coloring, add illusion specification to it and a Illusion timed life. But that would be kinda tricky.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No, as that is 3 opperations atleast (1 creating unit, 1 adding item and 1 using the item), issuing a casting order is 2 (creating unit, using ability).

The order version also allows easier level support as you can simply change the spell level well with items you need 1 item and ability per level.

Level 3
Another way of making images without the real skill is giving to the casting unit a rune of ilusion (you need to create one first).

Status
Not open for further replies.