• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MineralZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
attachment.php

MineralZ Website!
What is MineralZ?
MineralZ is a survival tower defense that requires players to cooperate with each other in order to survive. With every night being a new wave of hungry monsters, no single person can survive alone. It is vital for every base to have two or more people, each with a specific role.
What are "Mineralz"?
Mineralz are special resources that are necessary to build, and so necesary to survive. The mineralz spawn randomly across the map, so every game provides a new challenge and no game is the same.
attachment.php
Mini-MapNights
attachment.php
When is it is night time, your base should be secured and impenetrable. Every 10 waves bosses come. As of right now there are currently 30 waves. After each boss wave though, the waves following will have different strategies then the one before. Going from simple ground zerglings, to massive tentacle beasts.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
How to build a base
attachment.php

Building a base takes time, and a lot of resources. There are four vital parts to a base.
  1. Walls: To block out the invaders.
    attachment.php
  2. Wall Regenerators: To keep your walls alive.
    attachment.php
  3. Turrets: Used to kill invaders before they can breach your base.
    attachment.php
  4. Power Generators: Power is vital to nearly every building, including turrets and wall regenerators.
    attachment.php
The Monsters
attachment.php
These are all the current monsters that you will face on different nights. Though it may not look like much, these monsters will keep you occupied for a very long time.
Credits
I thank the following people for their resources, and support:
Kimberly, Kitabatake, Frankster, Thrikodius, Zombie, Maker, Bribe, The_Witcher, Tonex, Loveforever, MrMaestro, sgt.blackbird, hele, death_god, Red Shift, Magtheridon96, Celestea, inhuman89
Become a MineralZ supporter!

If you like what you see and would like to support this map I ask that you use the MineralZ signature to spread the word!
Simply copy this and paste it into your signature and then you are an official supporter!

[CENTER][URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/mineralz-213026/"][IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-9FJzpzGBGtg/T2Aj_2ioi-I/AAAAAAAAABc/zpiW_UX_ljk/s400/MineralZ.gif[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
More information is soon to come...
attachment.php

Attachments

• MineralZ.png
    MineralZ.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,947
  • MineralZ Preview.png
    MineralZ Preview.png
    257 KB · Views: 3,411
  • TentacleBeast.png
    TentacleBeast.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 3,390
  • HydraLord.png
    HydraLord.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 3,411
  • CrazyBeast.png
    CrazyBeast.png
    130 KB · Views: 3,417
  • MineralZ Logo.png
    MineralZ Logo.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 3,894
  • Units.png
    Units.png
    333.1 KB · Views: 3,071
  • MineralZDeath.png
    MineralZDeath.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 3,055
  • MineralZScreenShot1.png
    MineralZScreenShot1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,327
  • PowerGenerators.png
    PowerGenerators.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 3,145
  • Regenerator.png
    Regenerator.png
    369 KB · Views: 3,115
  • Walls.png
    Walls.png
    736.2 KB · Views: 3,222
  • MineralZTurret.png
    MineralZTurret.png
    902.7 KB · Views: 3,138
  • MineralZ Sig.png
    MineralZ Sig.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 7,274
Last edited:
Level 23
Holy crap you defied your own words, "This map will only be between us" Finally the world can benefit from this awesome map. You gonna link to the most current map?

Lol I know, shame on me... I couldn't resist. But as for linking the map, I don't think I will till it's in beta, because I wouldn't want to ruin anyone's first impression :p

Level 23
I've been working hard and I've added a few new concepts into the map.
I posted some new pictures, and I've done some bug fixes with MineralZ.
New Concepts

-Second build menu, for additional structures
-Added factories, which are buildings that are placed on mineralz to extract that mineral and give you income over time. (Currently 2 tiers)

Level 8
For the wall regenerator image, you should move the cursor onto the wall regenerators, as the cursor is currently on a wall which may cause confusion. Btw I might not be on WC3 for a couple days cuz I'm trying to beat the SC2 Campaign.

Level 23
Updates!

-Added a sell feature to buildings, you can now sell buildings for 100% of what it cost you to upgrade to that building.
-Improved the AI
-Added building/tech cancellation refunding
-Made the mineralz spawn in clusters
-Made the rocks spawn closer together for easier basing
Expect a beta version very soon!

Any Suggestions are greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Level 7
Will this lag on older computers? The pictures seem to contain a lot of nice zap, detailed models etc.'

edit1:
Tried it, the monsters were weak at the start and I used my worker to solo the first night. Didn't lag much for me.
Is the unlimited crystals on night time a bug or on purpose?

Level 11
i really like the new ui i havent tried this map on wc3.... but i played it on Starcraft 2 i dont know why but on Sc2 it was bugged after level 10 but havent played starcraft 3-5 months so maybe its repaired now. Just to ask is this map hosted on Garena? becasue i really want to play it its fun

Level 23
1-0 damage means that they will hit 1 damage 100% of the time,
i really like the new ui i havent tried this map on wc3.... but i played it on Starcraft 2 i dont know why but on Sc2 it was bugged after level 10 but havent played starcraft 3-5 months so maybe its repaired now. Just to ask is this map hosted on Garena? becasue i really want to play it its fun
No sadly it is not, but if you come on b.net I could set up a few games for ya :p (east)

Level 7
I am quite certain that this map will be popular when it's released.
Less people look at the Maps Development section compared to the actual Maps.

Level 23
It is a remake of Sc2 MineralZ, many things are different, yet some things are the same, the overall genre is the same (build towers n walls to survive) but with a whole different type of gameplay. Like in the original mineralz there was no air, and no real special units. Just units with more health and more damage with different models. In Wc3 MineralZ there is air, mobs that destroy brick, and bosses with special abilities. The only thing they really have in common though is the use of 4 minerals and the name.

Level 6
ExcelLLenT_T map!
But,.. There is a problem. Played the map .. like 10times, survived the night 19, and at night 20 comes "TOO OP" Wave, which cannot be killed! Tried to kill them like 6 in 10 times, but all failure!
Almost Forgot! Please next time improve the sounds,.. they are horrible

Level 23
It has come to my attention that loading in mineralz can cause desync
but i dont understand why when host type -load xxxxxx and can built the credit house but as for the players when they do so with their own code, they got dced ? why .....
Ok so I've been working on the mineralz save/load system quite a bit, and I've reduced the code by nearly 90%, got rid of redundant functions and overall improved it's performance.

I've also been working on some concepts for flying unit repulsers
And Next version will include 10 brand new waves!

Status
Not open for further replies.