• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minecraft minecraft minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Guys if anyone really needs the game Notch was talking about Alpha buyers getting a gift premium account once beta is released December 20th so yeah be nice to us premium people =D.

Level 14
Yeah BE NICE! :ogre_haosis:
What Notch needs to do is add more tiles to the nether, currently there is only four:
Hellstone
Lightstone
Slow Mud
Gravel...
Thats right theres gravel in the nether
The Only thingy good about the nether is:
Large amounts of lava (Take a bucket)
Hellstone (Eternal Fires woo! Gay for people with wooden houses!)
Lightstone (Makes your life brighter! Also Gay for people with wooden houses.)
and Slowmud! Slows U and your fans the mobs.

Level 16
My current part-stone-part-glass house, I tried the wiki recommendation of surrounding the house with water. The water tactic occasionally works well in drowning the mobs and washing their drops right into my basement, but there's more to learn.

But my joy is the roller coster I built around the house. Just another thing for me to do when I'm trying to pass the time during the night. Other nights I like to stand at my house's high point at observe the lavafall in the distance.

I plan to make something different for my next new game. Maybe with increased difficulty too as the current game is getting boring.

What do you guys try to find in the nether? The first time I warped in, I saw 5-6 ghasts floating around nearby and I instantly chickened back D:

Last edited:
Level 31
Underwater glass base?? Sounds difficult. Good luck :p (And please post a pic when its finished!)

For the portal, I used 10 obsidian blocks to create the portal frame, then I light the base with a flint & steel. Its all written in http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Portal

Oh thanks for the hint.
Damn I always tried to mine obsidian, but then I hadn't my diamond pickaxe with me ..

Level 7
I mostly play multiplayer now and we are 2 tribes of 2 players all mates and maybe more friends will join my tribe, i also learned a secret :D

Level 27
Anyone making an underwater base should do this:
1: Make a nice lake with enough space for your base.
Do not try to make an underwater base in the sea unless you're up for some real work.
2: Set up the shape of how you want your base to look with dirt.
3: Cover said shape with whatever you want your walls to be made of.
4: Add an entrance that looks like this:
[UPPER WALLS]------
[DOOR]---[1-2 FREE SPACE]---[DOOR]
[LOWER WALLS]------
To enter or exit your house without it getting flooded make sure atleast one of the doors are closed at all times.
5: Enter your house and start holing out the dirt.

That worked for me at least.

EDIT: Ohyeah, you can also just make a house in a big hole and then fill it with water afterwards.

Level 10
What the hell.
I downloaded an old version and now I can't create a portal and can't fish -.-
Is there a way to upgrade without using my saves?

Without using your saves? What do you mean?

If you mean w/o deleting your saves, I read somewhere that the Halloween Update was compatible with older saves, so people could build the portal frame and then activate it in the same saves when the Halloween Update came.

huh? I always make my underwater bases in the sea, with the right technique, it's no harder than making a normal house. I call it sand-filtering

build a sand 'foundation' (if you want it floating in the middle of the sea)
build ur base outta glass, but leave a space left at the chosen exit point fill the base with sand (any block will do but I use sand cos it's next to the sea), (removing indoor water), remove the sand: done (I recommend at least a stone spade), remember, all underwater bases need an exit, so you'll either A. attach it to the underground beneath the sea or B. use one other block to stick a door on.

Level 11
And in such uncultured ways.... Its not even funny....

He should try doing something like building onto a creation or blocking up exits, atleast that is more subtle and amusing.
Lol I like just dumping a bucket of water down someones mine shaft while they are inside it.

Anyway I just got into this game a few days ago, actually really fun. Been playing it on a private server with a couple friends.

minecraft.png

In case your wondering, that canal system is 4 blocks wide, fully boat traversable, and took me 27 shovels and 24 pickaxes to complete because I didn't know about the durability glitch that lets you never break tools.

Also the lava moat is kind of fail at the moment because you can't go to the Nether in multiplayer to get lava and I'm too damn lazy to actually fill it in completely.

Level 7
I got banned from somewhere because i was building my shelter with obsidian.What a lame server admin >_> Also, my bro got banned too for trying to help me destroy the obsidian as the admin said before the ban.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Mapping devices are not really cheats... They do not show more than is already known (although they can allow you to see stuf you normally miss).

Anyway, I read that if you dig down a lot and dig a tunnel you will eventually find them. As once you are near one, the music will change even if the dungeon is not visible.

Level 7
My base is inside a dungeon :D but i dont find f****** iron!!!!!!!!!!!And actually the easiest way to find dungeons is to dig down of pumkin patches, most are over one.

Level 11
If anyone hasn't gotten it yet, the Painterly Pack is awesome. Makes the game look significantly better without any performance drops (its just a texture pack).

Also problem with playing on a server is that monsters are buggy as shit in multiplayer (tons of them spawn, invisible creepers, that kind of stuff), so you generally want to disable them. Still fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.