• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minecraft minecraft minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
I was just about to link minepedia to you Chilla. :p
It's got all the guides you need, even though i only use it reluctantly.

And yeah, Minecraft is f****** scary sometimes. Which actually has root in it's simplicity.

Also, let me give you a small monster guide:
Zombies:
The guys that make the moaning sound.
Avoid unless you are carrying a sword, and spam-hit them if you are forced to fight.

Skeletons:
They make a rattling noice like bones that are stripped of meat falling ontop of each other.
They shoot arrows at you, and should be avoided if possible.
Take precautions if enountered, and run in zig-zags when fleeing.

Spiders:
Spiders are tricky, as they jump more frequently and in some cases longer than other mobs. They are also faster.
They make a hissing noice, and should be avoided unless properly equipped.
They do NOT burn and die when the sun comes around, but they seem to disappear after a while if left alone.

Creepers (AKA Exploding Penixes):
I cant remember what sound these guys make, but they're pretty darn deadly.
Not only do they hang around all day even when the sun's out, but they explode if you get too close to them.
The best way to kill them is to just stand on a ledge a few blocks above them and then picking them off with a sword.
Note that they ONLY explode when near you, and that they cannot explode at will to for example blow up your door.
So unless you are near them they cannot do any damage to you or your house.
But if you ARE near them then the explosion will deal damage to all blocks and objects nearby.
So if there's a creeper outside your door: DONT GO F****** NEAR IT.
If you do you will be one door poorer.
They do though drop gunpowder, which is a valueable resource, so they are worth killing if possible.

WARNING!
If you are deep underground and hear monster sounds then there's a cavern nearby.
Since the sun cant reach them underground then monsters will spawn continously down there until torches are set up.
While caverns can be awesome places to mine they can also be your grave.
They are full of lava and monsters, and they can be harder to get out of than you think.

REMINDER:
Monsters can not destroy your stuff.
As far as i know they cant even kill your torches.
But if you die, you drop all the items you are carrying and are sent back to the spawn point.
If you dont get them items back within a certain period of time they will disappear.

Level 5
I dont want to spend any money...

Have you no income to call your own? You pay through paypal, which to use is as easy as any other online transaction medium (namely, Steam).

And please NO ONE comment on all this about pirating and moral isues or whatever.
Let's quit that addiction and discuss the GAME, alrite?

NO U
oO I'm so fucking scared.
It became night and some monster attacked me, so I ran and digged myself into a little hill.
I digged deeper and deeper and closed the entrance with some blocks.
Firstly it was alright and I continued building my hole.
Then I heard voices oOOO
I thought no problem.
Then suddenly I heard some kind of slamming noices as if they tried to destroy my entrance, but it didn't.
I'm now so fucking scared because I don't know what it is, where it comes from and what I can do oOO
This game is much more scary then Dead Space oOO
But I already fell in love with Minecraft
Awesome game with a big world to discover.
I firstly killed some cows and pigs. :D:D

I still jump whenever a skeleton arrow spontaneously forms out of the darkness, and I deign to approach a creeper(splode).

Okay I found Minepedia :D
just read the minecraft wiki, everything's on there
(compare post timestamps)Thanks for trying anyways, Py.

I'm at a point of minecraft veterancy where I've gotten to experimenting with more complex designs and mechanics, such as balistics(cannons) or electronics(redstone logic circuits). There is always something bigger and badder to build, but I'll be trying to design structures with integral electronic infrastructure with my newfound knowledge.

Level 12
I want to see more sliiiiimes

Rumor's been going around that they've been disabled on accident, or they've been modified to spawn in darkness only. Either way, they still only appear at the bottom 10 layers.

I'm liking the "nether" dimension, its allowed for a lot more complex design in many things. I'm working on a new lighthouse tower design that uses hellstone as the source of light, rather then lava. I have a largish one already, but its still experimental in terms of construction, and I want to incorporate more lightstone too.

Level 7
I moved my base :D now its on the top of the mountain and you will have to try much to find the entrance.I need iron now >:-| I changed world to a desert, i was angry on the other place, no minerals.

Last edited:
Level 7
I am ready to break my pc, a creeper fell form the mountain's top and exploded on my head, i died AND I LOST MY ITEMS!!!!Now all from start, in other world....its full of snow now and theres no coal.Yes, normal skin isnt nice, i crazed my bro if i can change skin with downloaded version and he said no, i asked again 100 times and he slaped me.

Level 24
Making minecraft skins is phun, mine's a skelly:
2ekuesn.jpg

Whats cool is that the game supports .png files so you can make transparent skins, even invisible skins.
This gives alot of cool possibilities such as making ghosts, floating droids or similiar stuff.

Level 7
I am ******* disappointed, i was in the giant mine, i found lava, stored some in a bucket and gone home, while going, i broke a gold ore ( :D ) AND THEN LAVA FELL ON ME.I was like :goblin_jawdrop: :ogre_rage: :ogre_icwydt: .Now all my gold ore and iron are gone :wsad: now i closed minecraft.What can i do now, with just a ready shelter, with zombies out?

Level 7
protip: The Best Way to mine is to stagger branch mining in layers such as [] [] []
________________________________________________________________[] []
All through the layers your able to find diamond! You'll hit ore soon enough, im sure of it :D

Level 7
F*** i have died 2 times in the way for finding gold, mining is my weak point, probably cause i forget to sneak so i wont fall in the lava.

Level 10
You didn't find coal?

Hey, I just paid for Minecraft yesterday, and started playing it. I allready think I'm going to be addicted like the rest of you, but it's REALLY hard to find enough coal, and if they intend to remove permanency from torches in complete version, then I hope they make coal more available aswell.
Maybe I just need to search more caves, but then I need more torches aswell so I can at least see the coal.

But the challenges of the game are worth it, especially because the reward is essentially another slice of free creativity, and the challenges are also there so your creativity can make some sense. It's really great!

Status
Not open for further replies.