• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minecraft minecraft minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
yeah... its a seriously huge sandbox world...

I gotta try making a floating castle... and maybe hidden inside a wall of waterfalls...

currently I only have a floating mansion, accessible via a railsystem or via the waterfalls... I love water elevators too...

I love piston traps, piston bridges, or everything that comes with pistons :))

The minecraft developer had an awesome idea adding them :D

Level 27
this just ins't funny anymore... i discovered a huge cave hallway with waterfalls and lava, with a lot of ways attached to it... i go into one way... only to find another hallway just as big covered in lava and waterfall that are absolutely freaking huge... again with countless ways attached to it... at the end i end up in a seeminly endless maze of tunnels from somekind of abandoned mine with rails and everything intact! o_O

Wtf?...

EDIT: GODDAMN OCEANS OF LAVA AND WATER STOP IT AAAAH!!!!

Level 11
I went in the arctic biome, trying to find an izolated, open, ,,never ending" flat land where to build an igloo...
The good thing is that i have plenty of snow
The bad thing is, that i thought i left my house with a map, but when i reached a possible place to build the igloo, i checked the inventory and guess what....NO MAP! XD
Now i am still searching for a place to build the igloo...Who knows, maybe by accident i will come back home xD

Level 11
I remember i once died out of stupidity lol
I was exploring a cave...and i came to an end...and then i mined on the wall and i made a hole, to another cave...so i thought of exploring it so i jump right trough that hole...and guess what...under myself...THERE WAS LAVA!LAVA!!I was like...,,FUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Level 27
The cave spiders are there to make mineshafts a bit chalenging. Dropped items disappear after 30-40 seconds.

Well them i'm fucked because today i had one good run and survived but also got lost one time carrying 8 diamonds, 128 iron ore and almost 64 gold or something... then a creeper came down from somekind of dark area and i was in the water -.- BOOM! FUCK!

I ended up searching for the place i died but it took me 15 minutes or so because i kept going into the right direction (which i tried to find earlier!!!!!) when i had to go the wrong way...

Level 17
minecraft is an original and ingenious game it could be fun if not for the kkk-hitler-of-a-death-penalty which strips it off any kind of fun for me
the latest "final" version is rather unfinished to say the least strongholds are a big disappointment and the abandoned mine shafts while interesting, almost always glitch and become rather unsightly
NPC villages are somewhat ok but they serve no purpose/bring nothing new to the game, really and are an end in itself
during my few hour playtest of 1.0 I had grave difficulty finding anything that wouldn't be plain taiga or swampland, the world still lacks variation there are plenty of biomes and such
but they look all the same why for example there are no giant rocks and overhangs in the swamp biome ? but they are pretty much limited to mountains biome
also to my grave disappointment the biome with large lakes and hills is no longer present (or was merged with forest biome)
the game was rushed a lot in the last phases of development making some of the mods being of higher quality/effort and elaboration than the official

Last edited:
Level 12
no I wont go, because I have a life and my time is limited, so I cannot waste so much time on going to multiple forums. So please, I would really appreciate if anyone here would explain that in this forum.

Level 15
minecraft is an original and ingenious game it could be fun if not for the kkk-hitler-of-a-death-penalty which strips it off any kind of fun for me
the latest "final" version is rather unfinished to say the least strongholds are a big disappointment and the abandoned mine shafts while interesting, almost always glitch and become rather unsightly
NPC villages are somewhat ok but they serve no purpose/bring nothing new to the game, really and are an end in itself
during my few hour playtest of 1.0 I had grave difficulty finding anything that wouldn't be plain taiga or swampland, the world still lacks variation there are plenty of biomes and such
but they look all the same why for example there are no giant rocks and overhangs in the swamp biome ? but they are pretty much limited to mountains biome
also to my grave disappointment the biome with large lakes and hills is no longer present (or was merged with forest biome)
the game was rushed a lot in the last phases of development making some of the mods being of higher quality/effort and elaboration than the official

Final? It's not final.

The switching from Alpha to Beta to Final weren't solid lines, it's just when Notch figured the game didn't have enough bugs so he changed the development stage. It's still going to have updates, and infact if you actually took the time to research at ALL you would note that development builds are uploaded weekly and a large update is planned soon.

As for swamps not having cliffs and overhangs, think about that statement, name a swamp with mountains in the middle of it. And as for Taiga and Swampland only, try walking more than a hundred blocks, Biome size was increased in 1.8. Also, something to realize, the "large lakes" that used to spawn are duck ponds in actual scale, the "ocean" biomes are Much closer to what an actual lakes size would be. Occasionally you will also find "crater lakes" about 60 blocks across, roughly circular, and deep.

The game isn't final, not even close. Mojang plans to update it until hell freezes over. Hell, I expect a full C# code-rewrite will be done at some point and released for free (to Alpha buyers and below :> , Maybe Beta)

And as for "Hitler Nazi Facist KKK death" Quit whining, learn how to fight, and wear some damn armor.

Level 12
Wtf is this fortresscraft all of a sudden?

That was a long time ago if I remember correctly.

Basically it was a really cheap rip off of minecraft on the xbox that used the gamertag avatar as the character in game. It kept the block like physics, but put a really (imo) shitty texture over everything.

The only reason that I believe it got so popular was the fact that they payed that DJ Keemstar or w/e to promote the game, and allowed an obscene amount of people to join the games he was in.

Level 12
guys, I started checking out custom maps and skins, could you tell me your top 10-20 custom maps from minecraft forums? Map genre doesn't matter. I've been checking the adventure map; kingdom of the sky lately, unique and awesome stuff, but it sucks when I die and lose all my important stuff.
It would be good if you recommended stuff as awesome as that :p

Level 12
I don't like pre-built custom maps, I prefer challenge maps, like Survival Island and the Tree Spirit challenges. I wish I had the link to the tree spirit challenge, it didn't require a pre-made map. Some day I plan on releasing my own version of Survival Island that takes advantage of the newer stuff, considering it was originally created in Alpha and hasn't been updated since the early start of Beta.

Level 3
I've been trying to build some sort of 8-bit computer... Although I still have no idea how I can get it to work properly. It will probably end up just being some sort of messaging system.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 126

Ash

Ash

Level 22
This might seem a little off-cuff, but I'd be more than happy to get us guys a minecraft server on my card (there was /some/ talk of it in chat at one point) and pay for it.

It'd only come to about £10/month to get a ten slot server, and if there's more of us it would be slightly more. I'd appreciate help with paying it -- I am a bum penniless student, afterall -- but don't feel inclined to or anything, I just think it'd be cool to catch up with you guys in minecraft.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.