• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Military Rush

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Just a simple ww2'ish themed RTS map with 2 even teams of a 2v2 match. Map is evened out and gold mines (Resource Depots) are spread evenly. The map COULD be played 1v1 but a 2v2 is recommended.

The game Company of Heroes Online inspired me to make a map like this.

There are no heroes, and there will be no heroes.

No unit skills yet, coming soon though.

Units Include:
- Rifleman
Basic infantry unit. Low health; Low damage, but necessary if the enemy is making an early assault team for your technicians.

- Jeep
With no primary attack, the jeep is one of the single fastest units and makes a perfect cheap scout. Jeeps can be purchased with MG 42 attachments from the garage to add attack.

- Jeep with MG 42 Attachment
Extremely fast unit with a light MG 42 attachment.

- Technician
Buildings unit, harvesting unit.

- Sniper
Major support unit. Good defender against infantry units. Shoots farther than any other unit. Does moderately high damage.

- Tank
The most damage on the battlefield, the tank is the siege weapon of this military.

- Heavy Machinegun Unit
Medium support unit. Low health; fast shooting, medium damage.

Buildings Include:
- Headquarters
Primary structure, used to train Technicians and recieve gathered resources.

- Barracks
Barracks produce cheap and quick producing units, although necessary if another enemy plans on making an early assault on your technicians.

- Specialties Barracks
Specialty Barracks produce slightly more expensive units than the Barracks. These units are the primary support infantry.

- Support Center
Researches upgrades for your units.
No upgrades as of current version.

- Garage
The Garage builds most of the vehicles and armors. This building is a necessity in war.

- Guard Tower

Primary defensive structure. The guard tower is a more powerful, and immobile, rifleman.

- Land Mine
Builds an explosive land mine.

- Rifleman Tent
Cheap way to make a reinforcement center of rifleman. Good for flanking enemies in their own territories

More to come.
You can edit all you want, just give credit.

Updates:
Sorry about the missing buildings I didn't even realize the technician couldn't build them yet. All current buildings should be build able as well as all current units. Thank you for your feedback and I am working on the map according to feedback at the moment. New unit: AT UNIT: Good versus buildings and armor. The rifleman tents build description is also updated to distinguish it from the barracks. Icons and models updated to prevent replication. Added mortar team hero (infantry commander), rangers and green berets (summoned by mortar team hero) and added ability grenades for rifleman which can be bought at support center.

- Alexander I. Savoie
Contents

Military Rush (Map)

Reviews
10:12, 16th Feb 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: / Comment
Level 6
seems interesting, testing now...

EDIT: OK tested, here is what i got:
Things i didn't like/wrong:
- map not completed
- all the units you mentioned cant reach them, due to required buildings not found
- missing buildings
- weak units, builders can hit + range
- the gold mine whatever it is, its too far
- takes toooooo long to create any unit
- the scout (jeep) no point sense map is not complete
- in the middle i don't think there is enough space for "tanks" because for the riflemen barley fit
- building will make you sleep while you try to build them
- the town hall takes just too long to destroy while you didnt place a lot of stronger units then these riflemen
- Icons reused
- Models reused + only changed color, thats not a problem for me, but cant you like at least search for models to help you? there are bunch in the Hive and are very useful
- map is just a melee map that you changed the name of the units and models :S

Things i liked:
- new idea
- terrain

Suggestions:
- work on map a lot to improve it
- since its beta, place it in Map Development
- place the missing units
- get some models man :D they wont bite

Hurry up, before it get rejected ;)

Last edited:
Level 27
Well I as CoH fan myself kinda like the idea, once I was thinking of making map similar to CoH myself...
well you should immplement some special ability system using heros, I mean that they would be located somwhere of the map bounds, couldn't be destroyed, moved or used in combat and could cas special abilities that require a high enough level...

also I recommend changing resource gathering system to custom one with income gained every x sedonds, and you having to build special structures in special regions or on Gold mines and them having haunted Gold mine, so you could only do this just like with Control Points in CoH.

And other units such as mortars, ariltery, anti-tanks, armored vehicles and elite infantry.

Well no worries, I think this map won;t be fully rejected but will be set to Needs Fix...
I think I'll give you more suggestions how to immprove the gameplay later, when you'll immprove the current issues.

Moderation

Military Rush
Created by Alexander Savoie (AIgnatiousS) ; Uploaded by: AIgnatiousS
Hmmmm...
Well to me map is still unfinished, or at least look like some kind of demo version...

Honestly terrain is poor, you should improve it for sure, add hills rivers and so on... There are like 10 doodads together...

Gameplay is slow and bothering (you need like 10 min only to gather gold and build barracks)... And another 10 min for army...

No game difficulties, modes special events...
All together below acceptable!

Take my advice, bring this into map development forum, post few threads and request triggers, request help in fields you don't know so well...
You will learn something new and improve map quality a lot...

Check some tutorials as well, that can help for sure... After month or 2 come back, update this map and I will gladly check it again!
Have a nice day!
Map status: Rejected

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/