• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Midnight TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
PROGRESS
Terrain: 100%
Importing: 50%
Triggers: 80%
Towers: 20%
Units: 30%

Map status: Pre-alpha, but somewhat playable
Map Description
Midnight TD is a survival TD. Each player has 20 lives. I plan on making 60 waves and an unknown amount of towers.

Unique Map Features
- Time of the day changes for each level and stands still during the level. Based on what time it is the creeps are stronger at night and weaker during the day. Each time it's midnight there is a boss wave.
- Towers have 4 attack types (Normal, Magic, Chaos, Light) and the creeps have 3 armor types (Normal, Heavy, Demonic).

Screenshots
168784-albums6761-picture74004.png

The map planning and ideas I've mentioned here may be changed a little or completely. I may also come up with more ideas as the map making goes on, but feel free to give a few suggestions or ideas if you want. When the map is close to being finished I need people to test it with me. For the time being the map isn't even playable, so testing won't be possible in the next few weeks/months.

Update 02/10/2014:
Map is under development again and some things have changed. It's not a co-op anymore, but survival and I skipped the actual lore I made and replaced it with an easier/cheaper version thus speeding up the map progress. Currently I'm adding all the levels, towers and testing the map on my own whenever needed. I won't update here again until the map is close to beta.

Update 24/10/2014: Project halted for now (again), read my last post below for details.

Last edited:
Level 6
I can do beta testing if you want C:
I can also help by giving ideas.

One day in Azeroth, as all races were clashing like they would do normally, a darkness took over the skies and made the sun vanish, the entire world of Azeroth was covered in night. Along with the darkness, a portal was created, which would lead people to unknown worlds. Each race on Azeroth sent an ambassador to combat the threat inside the portal, to save Azeroth from eternal darkness.

-Most of the races on Azeroth have a builder race to build towers. Each player can pick a race to defend. These races can include Humans, Orcs, Scourge, Night Elves, Blood Elves, Draenei, Forsaken, Orcs, Goblins, Ogres, Trolls, Nature and the Burning Legion.

-Lumber can be used as Midnight Souls, which are gained from enemies and bosses during the midnight. Midnight souls can be used at a research building to access Talents. Few towers are available at the start, and these Talents are used to access more towers, improvements for towers, and Heroes for each race.

If you need any more suggestions, tell me.
:ogre_hurrhurr:
Good luck on your project!

Level 22
if you need a beta tester let me know
and if i'm not responding, you can contact someone from beta tester group ;)
this is a nice project, it's been awhile since i playing a TD
if i'm right green TD was the last one i did, so i hope you can make this better than Green TD and the other TD :D

+REP

Level 7
@Awsan

I already have a lore planned and I'm only going to use a single builder (With the possibility of having an "ultimate builder" purchaseable). Each tower has a lot of upgrades and upgrade paths which creates over a 100 towers in total, but there are only going to be like 7 or 8 to build directly from the builder.

As for the "Midnight Souls" I actually renamed the lumber to "Midnight Gems" as one of the first things I did. I'm going to change that to something more fitting, but I didn't think of using the lumber to upgrade tech. I got most things planned at the moment, but I might bump into problems or run out if ideas. Right now I'm full of ideas since there are no towers or units yet. I think I'll rather post here again if I run out of ideas and get stuck :)

Last edited:
Level 6
@Awsan

I already have a lore planned and I'm only going to use a single builder (With the possibility of having an "ultimate builder" purchaseable). Each tower has a lot of upgrades and upgrade paths which creates over a 100 towers in total, but there are only going to be like 7 or 8 to build directly from the builder.

As for the "Midnight Souls" I actually renamed the lumber to "Midnight Gems" as one of the first things I did. I'm going to change that to something more fitting, but I didn't think of using the lumber to upgrade tech. I got most things planned at the moment, but I might bump into problems or run out if ideas. Right now I'm full of ideas since there are no tower or units yet. I think I'll rather post here again if I run out of ideas and get stuck :)

Okay :)

Level 7
Just bumping the thread for a tiny update. Very little progress has been made since I posted here. I've been playing ranked in league of legends on my freetime instead of map making. With the season 4 right around the corner I will take a break from that now.

For now I'm going to make the map my 3rd priority on my free time. This may mean I won't start working on it until next year, but I'm just posting here to let you know it's not discontinued, just halted for now.

Level 7
Ouch, I'll have to put this on ice once again as serious issues regarding my life came up. I probably won't quit this map since it's about halfway through, but I have no idea when I'm able to work on it again. If this thread gets autolocked again I will request it opened when the map is finished and I'm in need of testers.

Status
Not open for further replies.