• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Midnight dreary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
this is my latest terrain...i took a little more than i expected to finish it...if i come to think about it its the terrain i worked the most on
its inspired by the concept art of tristram from diablo 3...
Midnight.JPG
wanted to give it that dark,earrie feel...but it didnt came out really good...
any advice would help...especially on how can i make the sky look better...
Update:
midnghtdr.JPG
update2
midnightdr2.JPG

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
That cathedral came out amazing, great work with the archways and brickwalls. The sky looks really cool actually, sort of cartoon-ish. The only thing bugging me is the choice of tiles really. Keep up the great work elredir!
EDIT: Christ, can't give you rep as I have to spread it around first.

That cathedral came out amazing, great work with the archways and brickwalls. The sky looks really cool actually, sort of cartoon-ish. The only thing bugging me is the choice of tiles really. Keep up the great work elredir!
EDIT: Christ, can't give you rep as I have to spread it around first.

This.

Good job, nonetheless! :]

Level 11
thx for the encouragement guys...
ill change the tiles...but i dont really know what tileset fits this kind of terrain the best
@Oziris:the clouds arent that killjadaen storm or whatever its called
they are made out of a ton of glows,first i made the shape of the clouds out of black glows and then i added in front of them normal glows with low tinting

Level 36
Ah, it really made me happy to see that you posted a new terrain elredir. Well, the terrain isnt.. Really very good looking, there seem to be some things that hold this little thing aback. Let me point out what I personally think you should be doing about it. For starters, as I am sure have been pointed out more than once, the sky looks really wierd and "blurry" as a skinner would say (I think.) You might want to work a little more on that and make it look a little cleaner and neater. Also, personally I think there is a little too much color on display here, the green bushes and grass tiles/models doesnt entirely fit in, and should either be replaced or toned a little more grayer.

I also think the wooden parts of that cabin should be a little darker. There should also be another layer or two of mountains fading into the background, and possibly a little darker and more covering fog to make it more closed up. And thats about it for my part, hope my advice can be of some help.

Level 11
updated the terrain...changed some stuff
i guess it looks a little better...really need some suggestions on how to make it looks better...cuz im all out of ideas

Level 11
yeah i agree that the graves are too bright...ill tint em down and i forgot all about that tomb..gonna remove it,its really misplaced
im thinking if i delete the house on the left the terrain would look kinda empty...and i for one like it

Level 2
Personally, I'm still finding the sky a bit off. I'd say that you could go more cream with the moon and less cumulus with the clouds. Perhaps something closer to...
valencia_sp.jpg

Props to whoever posted this on Internets (that wonderful series of tubes). It's a beautiful picture.

Level 11
that picture looks amazing ..but i dont know if i can do a sky like that
anyways i have a problem...when you set the time to midnight every thing in the map gains a bluish color,does anybody know how to remove it...or is it even possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.