• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gloomy City WIP's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Made for the terraining competition, but I don't think I will finish them in time... because I only have a little spare time. But I will finish it anayway

UPDATE: -removed first screenshot
-added more little doodads
- expanded Angel Plaza
- added an overview
- added a paint doodle to show my plans
UPDATE2: - expanded Angel Plaza
- Added first Armory WIP
- improved Maybloom Gate
UPDATE3: - added The Outdown (A district suffering from poverty that connects The Armory, Cathedral Gardens and Angel Plaza)
- updated overview
- expanded The Armory
PS: Yes, some textures are too stretched compared to others, I know this and I will try to fix it in time.
PPS: Soon I will add a map so you can better see the details I've been working on, as I don't want to post 200 different screenshots.

Last edited:
Level 7
Indeed. There is a lot of potential here. I'd just say scale up the buildings in the second shot.

Level 28
We can easily see that you have lots of things to work on in that terrain (add small doodads, mainly).

It is very flat and some grassy dirt or rough dirt would fix well through the streets.

But the "Angel Plaza" is really cool! If I was you, I would add bushes at that place. I liked the idea.

Level 6
Good thing I'm not afraid of a challenge^^.

The sucking part about this... I only have 5 of those cathedral-like models. So there will be very little variation. And to just ask people to make more is too much for just a terrain...

Level 7
Are those little church things from WoW? The fact that you planned out your little terrain and that you mapped it own gets some huge brownie points from me. ;) The terrain is coming along greatly, I look forward to seeing it finished.

Level 6
Are those little church things from WoW?

Yup, I like to use much variation so I downloaded a crapload of models from some sites. The challenge is to make high and low ress stuff blend in together

Status
Not open for further replies.