• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metamorphosis help needed now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Metamorphosis help needed now! :D not solved yet

ok! so i found out that giving a unit the robo goblin ability of the goblin tinker you are able to change freely between each unit keeping all its attributes and statistics.......
sadly that wasn't what i needed....

What i needed is an ability similar to metamorphosis or this ^spell^ robo gob thing, i need an ability that changes form from one unit to another while keeping all its statistics, has the ability to level and/or gain experience and if the unit dies they alternate/normal unit also dies......

this is not solved yet!

i'm just wondering if this ability is possible in normal WARCRAFT and triggers, or the GUI standard ability area...

i really need to know how to make this spell please help!

this is a smilie
:xxd: <-----

THIS IS NOT SOLVED YET! i still need help!

Last edited:
Level 10
ok! so i found out that giving a unit the robo goblin ability of the goblin tinker you are able to change freely between each unit keeping all its attributes and statistics.......
sadly that wasn't what i needed....

What i needed is an ability similar to metamorphosis or this ^spell^ robo gob thing, i need an ability that changes form from one unit to another while keeping all its statistics, has the ability to level and/or gain experience and if the unit dies they alternate/normal unit also dies......

this is not solved yet!

i'm just wondering if this ability is possible in normal WARCRAFT and triggers, or the GUI standard ability area...

i really need to know how to make this spell please help!

this is a smilie
:xxd: <-----

THIS IS NOT SOLVED YET! i still need help!

If i got it right, this already works with metamorphis.

You turn into an alternative unit, and you can still gain exp. And if you die you revive as the normal unit (the one who morphed).

If I didnt get you right, then you will have to explain better to me :eekani:

Level 7
yea i tried that, and all my character did was stand still .....
what i wanted was an ability not necessarily metamorphosis, but something that allows you to take the form of an alternatively different unit like lets say the hero paladin turning into lets say the goblin tinker without the ability that allows you to switch back, keeping all the statistics, ability to level,,skills/abilities carry over, and if the unit dies, both units die as i said on my first post, and the ability is for heroes

Level 11
Its easy. Just give the first unit the robo goblin ability and dont give the second unit the robo goblin ability. This way it wont be able to transform back, at least i think so. You have to change the data of robo goblin obviously.

Level 7
@l0git3c:
i dont think crow form is good for heroes i tried that.

@wolfman:
so how do you make the ability timed just like metamorphosis

@Vegavak:
whats that mean?

Ham

Ham

Level 5
@l0git3c:
@wolfman:
so how do you make the ability timed just like metamorphosis

just make a gui trigger for that, althrough i never though it was needed even i use metamorphosis for my map and it works properly,

do this..

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Metamorphosis
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start (Last started timer) as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Elapsed time for (Last started timer)) Equal to 25.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Footman using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
this is not totally leakless, cllear it ;)

Level 19
STOP CHANGING THE "UNIT - DURATION"
Am I the only one who knows the difference for God's sake ????

*Force Calm Down*
LoL Ive got deep-seated problems

Anyway

Unit - Duration
determines "how much time it takes the morph" which should be the same time as "morph animation" time (like a 1-2 seconds)

Level 35
...confused :S. I read through all the posts, and am slightly unsure of what you want. However, I shall take a stab at it.

I think you are trying to make it so that the casting unit becomes a different unit with the same stats as the casting unit. Additionally, you want it timed, so the unit goes back. Therefore, would you not base the ability off of Metamorphosis and just remove any bonuses?

Level 19
Look
You use Metamorphosis
"Hero - Duration" is the duration of morph
"Unit - Duration" is the Casting time, it is the time you take for morph (for example morphing animation is 1 second you make it 1 second)

Does anyone even listen to me ?

Level 7
@Need O2:
how do you make the ability for any hero without a morphing animation, some units who do not have a morph animation usually just sit and stare...... till they die or you get bored....
how do i get it to be able to work on a hero without a metamorphosis anim??

2 Wazz:
same thing....

Level 6
What Need O2 is trying (desperately) to say, is that you're probably changing the "Unit - Duration" field on the ability you're using. You probably did that trying to change the duration of the spell. But, regardless of the name of the field, it actually sets the time it will take between casting the ability and actually transforms into the new unit.

So, if you set it to 0, or to a high value, the unit will stand still until this time has passed (or forever, if you set to 0).

And for me, it seems like what's happening to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.