• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merit Badge: Nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Nominations

Magtheridon96: running minecraft server, aiding users in mass, moderating JASS section solo, helping with moderation in other areas and also doing tons of moderation in the Spells section. This guy has done a lot for the community.

Dr Super Good: although he has had his problems in the past, he is likely one of the most, if not the most, helpful people on the entire site. He is also one of the main people helping new users with SC2 right now and has taken it upon himself to master the entire SC2 API. This is another above and beyond user right here. Btw, did I mention that he hangs out in the chat helping people out like every single day all day long?

Vengeancekael: Moderates the map section, and for awhile, was doing it solo. Does in-depth reviews on maps, looking at all of the code, resources used, and gameplay. The fact that this person even reviews maps, which are by far the most time consuming thing to review, is incredible.

PurgeandFire111: This guy has done a lot of very well written tutorials, submitted resources, has done moderation work, and has helped users in mass.

I think that he people most deserving of any rewards are people who actually volunteer on the site: moderators and admins. A lot of work is involved in moderating and doing admin stuffs, more than most people realize. This work is not fun, and the people doing it are really working to improve and support the community. If you noticed, all of my nominations are either currently moderators or were moderators in the past.

If we're going to include higher ups or people that aren't as active, then I think that these 2 are probably the most deserving on the entire site : ).

1. Ralle
2. Rui

Last edited:
Level 12
1pnRw

Red Shift.

I do not need to explain myself.
If I do, get out.

Level 12
Dr Super Good.

He can be harsh but hes just spiting the truth at ya.
He is always looking to improve the quality of projects over expanding them. (from my experience.)

Hes standards are some where between a production studio and a high quality mod. But Its a good thing to hear how he thinks you should make the next step, and he generally points out the thing that he thinks is lacking the most. Very helpful.

maybe give him a unique award...cant think of what it would be called off the top of my head.

I shall nominate:

• Pharaoh_: For being quite an active fellow, organizing contests, making the site more fabulous (literally), being a just and nice guy and for helping a lot of freaking users in WEHZ. (and other help zones)
    He's pretty much leading the whole site right now.
  • Dr Super Good: He's quite an intelligent guy, knows an answer to almost every Warcraft 3/Starcraft II modding question and has been trying to maintain the starcraft 2 with a steady popularity. Even though I don't like his attitude sometimes, he's been one of the most helpful users so far.
  • Rui: He was one of the most active admins, he had some quite brilliant ideas (one of them being expanding upon the news batch idea), he was always justifying his actions, although, yes, sometimes (or a lot of times) some of his actions were questionable.
  • -Kobas-: He didn't really last as long as some of the other map moderators did, but he still did a great job at providing in-depth reviews, he was always friendly, (I don't think I've ever seen him rage once :V) and he was one of my inspirations, he truly influenced my way of reviewing resources.
  • Hakeem: No, he wasn't really active community-wise, but he was always doing something behind the scenes, constantly discussing staff problems, actions that should not be taken and gave some pretty nice advice. So he was basically helping the community indirectly.
  • Pyritie: He moderated multiple sections, he was basically the old Pharaoh_, he created quite an extraordinary campaign which is sadly no longer playable and he was always trying to cheer up the community by doing fun stuff. (Lirch <3)
  • Illidan(Evil)X: He is the only person who has managed to modify Warcraft III so much, all of his maps are masterpieces and all of them are unique.
  • I3lackDeath: He's kind of Pyramidhe@d's child, he has a lot of his skills, but his personality is different. (Yeah I don't think there's anyone like Pyra >_> <_<)
    He's quite friendly, is always helping people in the icons section, never is the bad boy (I wish though) and he is now moderating multiple sections of the site at the same time, which is quite admirable. I'm surprised he hasn't gone insane yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.