• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mercenary Techtree Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

I am currently trying to make it so a certain mercenary unit requires a technology to have been research in order to be hireable. Unfortunately, this seems to not be working; the player can hire the mercenary from the neutral building despite not having the tech researched.

Other kinds of requirements for neutral hireable units, such as the requirement to have an altar built for Tavern heroes, seem to work.

Is what I'm trying to do possible? If so, what did I do wrong?

Level 10
I think there is a very simple solution. Create a unit type with the same icon as mercenary for each of your "mercenaries" .Set these stock value of these units to 0 in the object editor.When you finish a research,replace the hireable unit of the tawern to your real unit (what has min 1 stock value) .Im not sure if its changeable or not with triggers,unfortunately i dont have WE in this computer to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.