• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mercenary Map Editor: Up for hire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... not really for hire but..

I am an experienced map editor that would like to help you complete your project. I'd like to say that I know everything there is to know about the world editor, excluding jass. I have made quite a few maps and I do my own terrain, units, triggers, cinematics, and prop layout. Let's just say I do a little bit of everything.

Here's the catch:

• I don't want to decorate a piece of crap. I'm not going to remake your map to make it better. I will offer suggestions and do my best to try and help create whatever the creator's mental image of the map is.
  • I don't want to work hard on something and come back to see half my work destroyed. I put a lot of effort into my work and I expect that to be respected.

If you are interested in working with me, simply post.

What I'd like to see is some screenshots of the current map progress and some sort of description of the map. If you have a link to the project discussion, post that. I will not even consider working on a progressed map if there aren't any screenshots of the current map. If you are just starting, all I would require is the description.

I'm a pretty easy guy to get along with, and I am pretty dedicated to projects. I'd be interested to see what I can be faced with, so feel free to post!

Level 6
Your post doesnt prove any of your skills, you could show us some scripts or terrain pieces. Or maybe an example map of yours.

"I don't want to work hard on something and come back to see half my work destroyed. I put a lot of effort into my work and I expect that to be respected."

This also sounds more like be happy that i did it for you or gtfo.
If the final result is not that what the map creator wanted it is also your fault. Ofcourse he could tell you more explicit what he wants. But i guess people to that by default.

Level 19
Hmm... Maybe we should just give this guy one shot at this... Like, say, on a simple map...? We don't really have many Map Editor volunteers in Hive nowadays so it's good to give him a try...

Your post doesnt prove any of your skills, you could show us some scripts or terrain pieces. Or maybe an example map of yours.

"I don't want to work hard on something and come back to see half my work destroyed. I put a lot of effort into my work and I expect that to be respected."

This also sounds more like be happy that i did it for you or gtfo.
If the final result is not that what the map creator wanted it is also your fault. Ofcourse he could tell you more explicit what he wants. But i guess people to that by default.

Hmm... Maybe we should just give this guy one shot at this... Like, say, on a simple map...? We don't really have many Map Editor volunteers in Hive nowadays so it's good to give him a try...

Keep in mind that this is not a plea for someone to accept me into their project team. I don't expect people to accept me without knowing what I can do or what I am about. If a person want's to know more, this is the place to find out.

And if anyone wants to see examples of my "work", they are more than welcome to view the resources I have created and uploaded (maps, models, etc.). I find it a bit unnecessary to copy and paste it all here.

Finally, I'd like to keep everyone informed that I don't need to work on other people's projects because I have plenty of my own. I actually have a pre-beta map that I am working on right now. This thread was designed to give anyone who wants help the opportunity to ask for it and get a guarenteed response. I had a request thread (from where I got most of my reputation) and anyone who made a request got the resource they requested or an elaborate explaination why the request could not be made.

Level 4
well i need help on mine not much kinda like sheep tag but in a different way i can send it to you just needs buildings and another hero possibly a change of ground but you said you wouldnt decorate a dumb thing

{EDIT 1}
oh yeah and i dont care if your godly at this personally i dont care lol just need a few bits of help and maybe some comments and stuff on ways to improve the map

{EDIT 2}
0.o if you make a new thread and allow html coding i could add screenies alot faster

{EDIT 3}
you even there?

{EDIT 4}
z.jpg

{EDIT 5}
heres another screenie
zz-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 21
If you want to help someone, help me with my big project, the problem is, it is still in planning, but it will be a AoS, if you want to help, and I think you remember me... then PM me...

I will give you informations about the AoS only per pm.

Ah yes, and to my skills, the whole Hive knows me (the important people, like Ralle, Ghan, Paladon, etc etc etc.) as one of the best spell and system makers for GUI (though I am able to do JASS and vJASS too), check my signature for examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.