• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Triggerer/Mapper Lookin for work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
HEy everyone, I just got done with a small map i have been working on, and am looking to find / start a new project. I'd really like to try to do something innovative. Not so much a new AoS or something, but something... really different. I will post some ideas as they come to me, if anyone is interested in starting a map with me, or having me join their project, please let me know = ). If you guys want to see some of my work, check out BeamBall 1.3, under capture the flag. = D

EDIT: can anyone direct me on how to add my map in my info section on the left side by avatar?

Level 3
I got a job for ya

Yo Draqz I got a job for ya in my newest game Search For The Shikon Jewel (It's a Inu Yasha game). Anyway I don't need any help but sure what the hell. It might speed things up a bit. So say what all you can do and you might just get the job!
P.S. I need someone who can make models!

Level 6
I can do terrain, right now I am working on a melee map for the contest. So once I am done with that you can check it out. I havn't done quests before, but I havn't tried either, so I bet I can figure it out pretty quick.

Inu Yasha, I can pretty much do anything within WE. But I mostly focus on triggering. I don't do models or icons or anything like that, but I like doing terrain too. I usualy like to keep everything semetrical tho, I don't know why, its just my style of mapping, you will notice it when you take a look at the maps i've made. I find that by keeping things semetrical you save your self a LOT of stress when it comes to balance.

I have an old project that I have kept on the backburner for some time now. But I got discouraged because there is still so much more work to be done. This is the premise.

There are 4 teams. each team is a religion, or cult, or whatever you want to call it. Each person starts out with a preist (hero) and the object of the game is to convert the people of the town to your religion so they can serve you in multiple ways:
Through worship, when you send them to your temple.
Through work, when you send them to a house they can produce income for you.
And through military means, you can train them to fight for you.
Not only that, but there are different "ranks" of citizens you can convert, lower, middle, and upper class citizens, each which do their job much better. The interesting thing is, your team can win multiple ways. Your team can win by earning the most influence in the town (sending citizens to worship your religion). By collecting enough gold (by income from working in houses). And possibly a 3rd way, a military means in which you desecrate an opponent's temple.

The map i have right now has about 85 buildings which your team can purchase and which you can go inside (there is a room for each house) Right now what i am struggling with are heroes, balance, items, units, costs, and some other concepts that I have not implemented yet. If i don't find something else to do, I will probably start this back up, but i would really appreciate some help. I havn't even started making the heroes or items, not even a concept of what i want them to be. So let me know if that sounds interesting to anyone! thanks.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=4193

Here is a link of what i got right now, right now it is technically playable, but has some serious balance issues and bugs, and the heroes are just fillers and the units are completely unbalenced.

Level 3
awsome

cool sounds like you really know what your doind. Anyway I'm not that good at terrain so email me and we can talk about this further. my email is [email protected]
oh and you map was pritty cool.

Level 6
I'm not really interested in working on an RPG, unless it has some radical new idea AND is battle.net friendly. I love multiplayer games, and that is mostly what I concentrate my time on. I guess that is a good way to describe what kind of map I am looking for. "competative"

Status
Not open for further replies.