• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mephestrial's Gnoll Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've realized that I completely forgot about this project and decided to release a demo that will feature each map as I finalize them. I'm hoping this will rekindle my enthusiasm in the project.

Demo Campaign- First map and credits only. 2nd map had some game-breaking errors and it would seem wierd skipping straight to map 3.

Level 4
Oh wow! Finally, something has been finished and released. This is great. Thanks mate. =) I'll try it out soon after I'm done with my stuff here. I can't wait to try and see this. Yay! Lol. =D

And I can't wait for the others and the rest of the campaign. Keep it up. ;)

I'll reply back soon once I have tried it and finished playing with it. So see ya later mate. =)

Level 4
Alright, I've already tried it. It's a very nice start as a campaign, and you did a good job working on this mate. Keep it up. =)

As a start of a campaign, it was good. And it can give you the feeling to be hungry for more, especially if you're someone who loves Gnolls. ;D

There were a few flaws, like the wrong grammar in some lines of the characters in the cinematic. Also when the forces of Dalaran attack Thule's undead base, they kinda all get stuck in some small entrance where two fences are. But anyways, it was good, and I can't wait for more and the rest of the campaign. ;)

So keep up the good work and catch ya later mate. =)

Hail Storm

Level 60
Good job. One of the best race changes I have seen. Buttons are all lined up properly and tootip descriptions are well written. I also like how you used "Old Horde" units such as Forest Trolls and Ogres for the Orc clan encountered.

Just a few suggestions and points to clarify:
1). I'm not really an expert on Gnoll culture but I find it odd that Fang and the Den Mother speak in Common properly. I understand they're the high ranking members of their tribe but try to lower their language proficiency a little bit, particularly Fang. For example, he could refer to himself in third person instead of using adjectives like I and me.
2). Fang and the Den Mother kind of received the Emissary too warmly. I know they're not supposed to be completely savage but try to make their conversation along the lines of "Human give Fang reason why Fang not kill human" or you can have the emissary start at a low price with Fang demanding more.
3). Make Den Mother and her associates invulnerable so that player won't be able to kill them for the lulz :p You can also make players unable to return to them afterwards.
4). The Stormreaver units seem kind of misplaced considering that they're mostly dead or stranded out farther in the sea. If you want to keep these units there, just omit the "Stormreaver" part from their unit names.
5). The Dalaran allies end up going back and forth the teleporter. The Archmages' Mass teleport makes it worse so maybe you can deactivate it in this instance. Try to make an interaction between Antonidas and Fang even just a dialogue instead of a cinematic. For example: Fang: "Fang and friends here to help human mages. Better get gold ready", Antonidas: Reinforcements at last! Help us drive back these wretches and you'll get you're reward.
6). The Human and Undead buildings don't mesh too well together because they have unique ways of getting built. Peasants building undead buildings doesn't look right. I suggest you just stick to the undead buildings and acolytes just like the Cult of the Damned in Arthas' early campaign stages in ROC.

All of this has been noted.
I will not be changing the dialog for gnolls too much, as it would eventually become annoying further in the campaign. I'm trying to heavily play the mercenary card with the gnolls, so bargaining for a better payout is plausible but being outright hostile to potential clients is out of the question.

Thull's base is meant to be a human base that has joined the Lich King's cause with its peasants being acolytes in training that haven't mastered the summoning of structures yet. Also the Undead AI never builds any structures, only repairs them, so having it all undead structures just cause of how they are built is a poor argument for this particular map. Just so you know the later maps use a pure undead techtree with the last few missions gaining a few demon structures and units. I've already removed the teleporter and replaced it with a shallow water path in an unreleased update.

Status
Not open for further replies.