• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] memory exhausted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Okay, so i know what this means, but how can i go about fixing this. Ive learnt it basicly says i have to many triggers, or variables and i need to reduce because wc3 is at its limit??

apart from triggers, what can i trim down on to get this to go away!

Attachments

• memory exhausted.JPG
    memory exhausted.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 235
Level 11
memory exhausted doesn't mean what you think it means. It means that the memory of the syntax checker (and not of the game) has been used up. What this most probably means is that you have a syntax error somewhere that's leading the syntax checker in a huge loop until it uses up all the memory available.

You're using Jass New Gen pack so the normal world editor debugger is replaced by pjass which is a third party addition not affiliated to blizzard at all actually.

Try going back and undoing what you most recently did. The error is probably there. What did you add before it stopped passing the syntax check?

Level 10
hmmmm, weird i have been managing now for a while by deleting un used triggers that i used to keep for reference and it goes away. If i add 1 extra trigger though this comes up everytime untill i delete 1 trigger. I'm not sure what made this error come up, but is it possible to disable the jass checker and ignore the problem? :D

Level 11
Actually yes you could disable the jass checker, but I'm surprised you're having this error at all. How many triggers do you have exactly? To disable Jasshelper -> Uncheck "Enable Jasshelper" Though if you make any mistakes in your code it won't tell you and the map simply wont run.

Maybe you should think of lightening the trigger amount? What exactly are you doing that uses so many triggers?

Level 10
its an RPG map i have been working on for like 3 - 4 years, and there are quite a few triggers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.