• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MemnoRPG - Need Assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have been working on an ORPG Map for the past week and a half, it's looking really good so far except for minor issues (which I've been fixing at school during my lunch break free-handing triggers).

I'm about 60% finished making my first 'playable' version.

Which will include:
3 Heroes,
Approx. 60+ or so monsters,
5~10 Boss monsters,
(65~70+ total monsters),
150~200+ normal items,
Approx 70~100+ loot items,
(220~300+ items total),
Several trigger based systems.
A save system will come at a WAY later date.

My trigger systems currently include:

Chat System (I hid player messages - took a while to find >.>).
".s <TEXT>"
This displays text over your hero, which moves vertically (upward) and fades.
".y <TEXT>"
This yells what you say to everyone.
".w <NAME> <TEXT>"
This whispers to a specific player what you have to say.

Forging System
(The following text is ripped straight from the 'How-To' in my quest menu):
In order to forge items you must go through these steps:
1) Gathering ore
> Obtained by stripping materials
OR
> Obtained by mining Rock Chunks
2) Buying a template
> Spend hard-earned ore to buy a template for forging materials
3) Refining
> Put the template in your respective anvil
> Press the "Refine Material" button
4) Forging
> Press "Forge Weapon", "Forge Armor", or "Forge Magic" to get different items, dependant on the type of forge, and type of material.

If you don't know what items become what when forging, or are looking to forge a specific item, recipe books can be bought which will tell you what materials become what items.

You can also strip previously forged items or forgable items into raw materials either to be forged into something else, or back into 80% of their original ore value. Stripping an item down to their original material also has a 1% chance of failure and breaking.

Another form of item crafting (Easy system - but not going to be introduced into the game yet. Explained below.)
Book of Mastery : A book that can be written it, and gives bonus to all stats.
Scroll of "EFFECT" : Grants bonus relative to "EFFECT" after being written in a book. Books can only be written in once, and become 'Book of "EFFECT" Mastery.
The reason I'm not using it in-game yet, is because I don't know how the scrolls should be obtained. The normal Book of Mastery can be forged or bought, but NOT the scrolls. I'll probably have like special monsters that drop them with low percentage; especially bosses.

Backpacks
Really simple:
You have 3 external backpacks for your hero, each with 6 slots.
These backpacks are located on the side of the screen.

Variable Game-play (So the game varies per host/number of players)
The number of monsters in-game depend on the number of players.
Things like Experience rate, Drop rate, and Death Tax (Percentage of gold you lose when you die). These are all changeable by a specific person I grant these powers to, but only if they are in the Player 1 slot.

Manual Control
.manual on
.manual off
(Currently only implemented and working with Player 1)
Locks camera to your hero facing his rotation (No specific camera angle besides rotation is locked.)
You can move with Left, Forward, and Right arrow keys.
Backwards makes you select yourself (probably will change.)

Current Problems with my Systems:
I'm assuming this is a memory leak (as to what I think a memory leak is, this also being the main reason I need help.)

Seeing as I have a lot of triggers (probably one or two things went unmentioned. There may be some sort of problem. Since I think a memory leak is:
Something constantly repeating and filling up the memory until the game crashes.
Going through all my triggers is going to be a problem, especially since I haven't been using GUI since I started this map, and 2 years ago when I made my first map. (This being my second).

Almost everything within my game was made entirely by me (except for the very few things that weren't - most just getting help off of forums, including this one). Because I haven't used GUI for so long, detecting these sorts of things is not my for-tay. Help is GREATLY appreciated.

PM ME IF YOU WANT TO HELP
(Either that or email me at [email protected])

Status
Not open for further replies.