• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[mem] Research for Anti-maphack ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Research for Anti-maphack ?

I am the creator of the same kind of map as DOTA.
Therefore, prevention of maphack is technically very important.

But in the forums, I see only topics related to development.
Simple GUI functions and Scripts can not prevent cheating.
so, it would not be useful unless it was defense using memory access

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of memory access or reverse engineering.

If you have a subject that has been thread for anti-maphack, can you introduce it?

Level 31
There are a few tricks.

If they select a unit that they can't otherwise normally see (under fog of war), they are map hacking.
Put a model in that'll crash Warcraft 3 if they view it. Put it in an area that only a maphacker can see.

Those are about the only tricks I know.

You could potentially do something with the memory access being done in The Lab, but you'd have to ask on that thread probably : ).

Level 1
There are a few tricks.

If they select a unit that they can't otherwise normally see (under fog of war), they are map hacking.
Put a model in that'll crash Warcraft 3 if they view it. Put it in an area that only a maphacker can see.

Those are about the only tricks I know.

You could potentially do something with the memory access being done in The Lab, but you'd have to ask on that thread probably : ).

Yes, that's right. That was the way you said it.
But now that does not work that way.

I used it that way in the past.
But the crash model does not shut down war3, now.

I remember that since the 1.27 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.