• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Melee with special Mercenary (Siege) Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there guys. Thanks for taking the time and look at my projekt.

I love working on melee maps, and i like to add some spice to it. Not altering the gameplay too much, but add some things to make the game interesting and fresh.
In this case there are 4 special units that can be hired at neutral buildings. They fulfill different roles (Tank, Anti-air, Siege)
Additionally i played around with the item drops on creeps. (you can find some items that you usually dont find in melee maps. but nothing too fancy)

It is basicly a finished map.
Just get the map, look at it, explore it, enjoy :)
I want to gather as much feedback as possible to make improvements. (Did test it a bit already, but only vs AI -> hard to judge balance)

Feedback and suggestions of any kind are highly apreciated.

If you want to have some categories, i´d like to know your opinon on following things:

Aesthetics
Creepcamps (Density and difficulty)
Itemdrops
Balance of the "Special Units"
General Map Design
Any improvements you can think of :)

You can also e-mail me: [email protected]

I say thanks in advance, and please bear in mind, 1. English is not my native language, 2. i am not an experienced map maker by any means. In fact this is even the first project that i dare to share here. If i happen to miss an very important thing for doing all this, please let me know :)
Cheers, and best regards,
CookieKiller92

BigCreepCamp.pngWoodShop.png FLAK.png MausPanzer.png THE DEMOLISHER.png Trebuchet.png

Edit:

Added some pictures.

Attachments

• Hirtshals (V-0.1).w3x
    382.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Level 2
That is not really a bug, more like a easter egg. But of course not allowed to abuse.

I guess there is an Issue that the map is so big. It is really hard to get around with the slow siege units. I take an eye on that problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.