• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Melee Tenacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So I was thinking of making a melee addon that uses a Wintergrasp-style Tenacity system to compensate for having 1v2 games, or 2v10.

Would that really be balanced though?

Say you have a 1v2 game going. I'd cast an aura or a buff on all of the lone players units and buildings, that doubles their hit points and damage.
The lone player would do the damage, and have the health of two players.
Or would he? Are there other factors to take into account, such as collision sizes, or modifiers? Items? Creeping?
How could I make creeping work?

And what buff could the Tenacity buff be based from, without screwing up stacking with any other melee abilities such as Roar?

Other thing I'm not sure of is what formula to use.
1v2 is obvious: Team 1 gets a 200% buff.
1v3 is obvious: Team 1 gets a 300% buff.
2v3 I have to think about. 150% buff? How would I calculate that, though? Just 3/2 * 100 safe to go with?

Level 3
I like the idea, it would work as a failsafe to situations such as when a people on your team just randomly ditch you. Idk if someone has already thought of this idea but you are the first person I have seen to have come up with it. +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.