• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

melee map lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
It's not that simple. At least I don't have problems in StarCraft II, which has way more units and demands a lot more from the processor and the graphic card.

I'm not sure if it's the building space, but I guarantee to you (and the original poster) that it's something the AI keeps trying to do and either fails or continues to do for some silly reason.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
SC2 is made another way I think. In WC3 there are still textures. Someone told me (but I don't have SC2 so can't check it) that it has vectors with brush indead of pixels. That makes it easier to generate at higher qualiti.
This is the most nonsense thing I have heard for months...

It's not that simple. At least I don't have problems in StarCraft II, which has way more units and demands a lot more from the processor and the graphic card.
SC2 has the exact same problem if you move to an island where ground units can generally not reach you. The AI keeps trying to do something demanding because it fails. In SC2's case it is trying to move their land armies to attack you when there is no land path to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.